prologue

the general opened the file. "names? classification?"

"it's all there, sir—the three passengers onboard, the pilots, the soldiers. they took off yesterday." answered his assistant, taking the file back.

he read aloud, "passenger one — full name is jenavieve elizabeth saint george. age 16, from london. parents are socialites in the queen's circle."

"good." said the general, nodding to himself, "and the next?"

"passenger two is alecius foxglove. age 17, born in liverpool. she's got no living relatives and there are hardly any records on her." he answered.

"passenger three is jenavieve's brother — declan saint george. he's 19 and also from london." the assistant recited from memory. "both of the saint george's are half-irish."

"they're traveling in a dogfighter disguised as a passenger plane. the kids onboard are a coverup — they're counting on our good graces that we won't shoot down three innocent, smiley british children. twenty soldiers of the british army are hiding in the cargo department and both pilots are trained jet-fighters."

the general stared for a moment in quiet disbelief, as his assistant went on by saying, "we can't let them get into the country. even a breach that small can counteract our entire national security plan."

"so what do you suggest we do?"

the assistant locked eyes with the general. "shoot them down. take no prisoners."