O N E

it's a quarter past noon. bill and the rest of the losers, his friend group that consisted of: stan, eddie, ben, mike, beverly and richie-, made plans to meet at the quarry. one of their favorite places to hang out.

"mom, I'm g-g-going out t-to the qu-quarry now." the blue-eyed boy told his mother.

"okay, bill. don't come home too late, georgie is looking forward to watching that movie later today." she reminded him, slightly raising her eyebrows.

"yeah, I'll b-be back before juh-georgie's b-bedtime." and with that, his mother nodded, and bill was on his way to meet up with his friends.

-
"ahh, bill," smiled beverley, "now we're just waiting for eddie to arrive."

richie sat down, "he always takes forever to get here." he complains, following with a sigh.

"It's because him mom, richie. we know this. he'll be here soon." said the boy with curly hair, stanley uris.

a few minutes passed and a short, brown-haired boy walked up to the group of teens.

"hi, guys. thanks for waiting." eddie said as he looked over the edge of the cliff.

"who's first?" ben asked, not wanting to be the first one to jump.

"I'll g-" beverly began to say before richie cut her off. "fuck it." richie jumped down first, then the rest of the losers did, one at a time.

they swam around and played games for a good hour. they all pitched in coins they had brought from home for snacks. eddie and mike were the ones who walked to the nearest liquor store, after losing "rock, paper, scissors" against the others.

ben and beverly began talking to each other. bill and stan were talking to each other as well, leaving richie alone. he sat, his legs criss-crossed and his arm propped up, with his head resting on his palm. he looked down and got lost in his thoughts.

"r-rich," bill called, after acknowledging that his friend was alone, "c-come here." he invited, patting a spot next to him.

richie stood up from where he was and sat next to bill.

-
a/n: first chapter 👊😩  - jess