Down the Road (Chris POV)

Young kids

"I didn't go!" I laughed hard as I rolled my head back and placed my hand on my chest. Scott ran into the house crying after I tricked him into peeing in his pants.

Our babysitter, Stephanie, had just pulled up our driveway and immediately noticed Scott was crying. She ran after him without asking me any questions. Probably because she already knew it was my fault.

After a few minutes of laughing, I saw a family getting out of a car four houses down, a dad, a mom, and a girl about my age. I had never seen her before, but there was something about her that made me smile.

"Christopher Robert Evans!" I turned around to see my mother standing in front of the front door with her hands on her hips. I knew I was in trouble. "Why would you do that to Scott?" She asked.

"Mom, who are they?" I asked as I approached her, completely and purposely ignoring her question.

She looked up and saw the family unloading a couple of boxes from their car. "I don't know, sweetheart. Maybe they're our new neighbors."

"Can we go say hi?" I asked hopeful. Whether she said yes or no, I already knew I was going to find reasons to go over and find out who the girl was, and I knew this was my best shot.

"I think we should."

Yes! I thought to myself as I walked along beside my mom. I get to meet the girl and I dodged getting into trouble.

"Hi," my mom said as we walked up to the family. "I'm Lisa. This is my son, Chris. We live down the road."

"Hi, I'm Debra," the woman smiled and shook my mom's hand. "That's my husband, Jim," she pointed at the man who was already making his way back to the car from the house, "and this is my daughter, Y/N."

I gave Y/N a smile. She returned a small shy smile as she stood next to her mom with a teddy bear in her arms.

"Hi!" Jim said as he shook my mom's hand and then mine. "Wow, you got a firm handshake, kid."

"I like to make a good impression," I said, earning laughs from everyone.

"Welcome to the neighborhood," my mom said. "I'd love to have you guys over for dinner this weekend if you don't have any plans."

"That would be great," Debra said.

"My parents are going out to some work dinner thing tonight, but our babysitter is with us. Do you want to come over and play?" I asked Y/N.

Before she could answer, mom squeeze my shoulder and spoke, "unfortunately my son is grounded for the rest of the week."

"Moooooooom," I whined.

"You're more than welcome to come over and play with any of my other kids anytime, but Christopher Robert is unavailable for the week." I pouted my bottom lip and crossed my arms to my chest as mom talked. I looked up and noticed Y/N had a huge smile, and I knew right there and then, I was in big trouble.

Senior Year

"Truth or dare?" Aria asked Y/N.

A group of our friends from school were huddled around the kitchen island, which was filled with all different types of liquor bottles. Becca's parents were out of town for the weekend and she decided to host the prom after party at her house.

Some of our classmates had changed out of their tuxedos and dresses into something more comfortable and relaxed. Others like myself, had loosen their tie around their neck, rolled up their sleeves, and unbuttoned the top buttons. Y/N wore my black coat on top of her strapless prom dress and traded her heels for her comfortable and worn out Vans. Although it was springtime in Boston, the nights were still kind of chilly.