Chapter Thirty-Three

Start from the beginning

Nah. I brushed my teeth washing my face trying to make it look more lively, more human. My eyes were dead just staring at me empty. Well, whatever. That was as human as I could be.

I turned around looking in the mirror, I didn't realize how bad it looked my shirt stained with blood, well it looks worse than it was. I pulled the back of my shirt up so it rested at the base of my neck, okay, that was not too bad.

That better not scar either.

I grabbed some cotton placing it under scalding water and then reached back pressing it against it, it hurt, just a bit. I wiped it clean throwing all the cotton balls in the bin.

Didn't they have gauze anywhere? Where was the first aid kit?

Screw it.

I opened the door walking out and stepped back before I crashed into him, Jax. I looked up, "What?"

"Nothing," he said shaking his head. 

"Then can you move?" 

He was blocking the corridor and I really didn't want to shove him, because I would have shoved him hard. Clearly I had too much energy and I didn't even have any type of caffeine. 

"I want to talk to you," he took a step forward and I took one back, distance.

"Okay speak," nothing was physically preventing him from talking.

"I have to marry her,"

It took me a moment to understand what he was talking about. 

"Okay?" I asked confused, obviously they were engaged. He had to marry the whor-Catherina.

"I'd rather not but I have a duty to marry her and I will,"

I nodded, "Good job, can I go now?" I was glad he was making morning revelations but my stomach was wide awake, a monster in it growling, what did he expect me to do, give him a sticker? Maybe I could wake Nik up and make him cook.

"You're not taking this seriously," he snapped and I looked up narrowing my eyes. Did he just snap at me?

"First of all, don't raise your voice at me," I snapped this time, getting angry, a perfect way to start your day off. Bad Morning

"Secondly, I don't care who you marry, I'm just your guard, remember," I spat out, "I will lay my life down for you or Nik, but after I'm done I don't give a shit J-Alexavier," I used his full name as weird as it was, man why did they have to sound so similar to my brothers.

Sure we kissed, and sure it felt good, but it felt worse now thinking back to the newspapers with the prince and her, looking way to cozy. I wonder how many maids, guards and socialites he kissed. 

"So if you move," I said waving my hand, "I can go eat," I had my priorities straight.

He stepped aside and as I was about to walk when he grabbed my arm, I closed my eyes, okay I was going to shove a knife up his arse now, "Thirdly," I said without turning back, "You don't go touching other females when you are engaged to one, so you let go, or I make you,"

He let go. 

Good.

If he thought he was going to have a fling with me and then go marry her, he was wrong. I don't do flings. I don't do relationships. I was Isandra, not Isandra and partner. And I was definitely not the other woman

I went solo.

What was I some rag doll?

"Oh you're up, good," I said walking out into the main room, Nik was sitting on his bed rubbing his eyes.