Chapter 2

I'm currently in my last class of the day, history. I'm 2 seats behind Rachel and my god she hasn't looked prettier. I hear my teacher going on about a project but I'm not paying attention I just can't stop staring at her. The way she moves, her smile lights up the room, her ocean blue eyes, her perfect blonde hair the way she has it up in a messy bun. She has no care in the world she's free and I just love that. She's perfect in my eyes and by all means I'm gonna make her mine.

I snap out of my train of thought when I hear my teacher call out my name, I look up to her and she says "did you hear what I just said?" A little embarrassed I shake my head and she repeats herself "you're being paired up with Rachel for the project". My eyes lit up with excitement I've never been more excited. "This is my chance" I thought to myself while I looked at her and smiled. She came and sat next to me and said "I'm Rachel Hicks" I smiled at her and said "i know" she let out a smile laugh, it was music to my ears. I felt my cheeks burning up and said " I'm Emily, Emily Maxwell".

For the remainder of the class Rachel and I talked about what we wanted to do for our project we didn't quite know what we wanted to do yet. The bell rang and before she got up I decided it was time for me to step outta my shell and ask her for her number, "should I really be doing this?" "What if she says no?" "I'll just tell her it's for me to keep in touch about the project" " what if she's not interested", I thought to myself. I made my up my decision to ask her for it, when I looked up she was gone I was standing all alone in the classroom. I missed my chance. "I'll try again tomorrow" I said to myself.