Jealous???

Dear Diary,

By some strange occurrence, Michael and I (aka the two biggest losers of the seventh grade) were invited to this short dude's birthday party. His name is Rich, and I didn't even know he went to our school. I guess he invited us because he's lonely or something, I don't know. Michael and I felt kinda bad for him, so we went, thinking that no one else would show up. But the thing was, the whole damn school was at that party. There were no girls, for whatever reason, but they definitely made up for that in dirty magazines and videos. Don't get me wrong, I like that stuff, but with everyone there it was just weird and uncomfortable. Michael seemed to be hating it too and he asked to leave. That was until Rich offered him some weed.

At first, he was hesitant to try it, but eventually Rich coerced him and soon he was huffing on joints like they were lolly pops. I even tried one too for the sake of it. It kinda sucked, since I threw up in the bathtub, but it kinda didn't suck because I felt really dizzy and light inside after. Eventually, everyone was high af and the scent of smoke was so thick in the air there was more marijuana than oxygen. That's when something weird happened.

They were in this mini circle that was playing truth or dare when someone dared Michael to kiss Rich. Yeah, you heard me. Someone wanted MY BEST FRIEND TO K I S S ANOTHER DUDE! Just, wtf??!! Why would they say something like that? Now the strangest part was, HE DID IT! He kissed Rich right on the mouth and he looked like he liked it! And I...may have overreacted. I just had this flash of anger inside of me, and it was like I wasn't in control for a minute so I pulled Michael up by the hoodie and said, "We're going home RIGHT NOW!" As I was dragging him away from the crowd, some ridiculously tall dude called out, "Awwww. Somebody's jealous of their boyfriend."

I stopped dead in my tracks as the people around him snickered at his joke.

"What the fuck did you just say?" I asked him, both afraid and enraged. Michael slipped out of my grip and slammed onto the ground.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Are you gay and deaf? I said someone's jealous of their boyfriend. 'Cause, y'know it's obvious that you and Michael are dating. Why try and hide it?" he sneered.

Still angry at Michael for kissing Rich, I stormed right up to him and punched him in the jaw. Before he could do anything else, I ran outside, leaving Michael alone on the floor.

As I hid behind the bushes, I started breathing really heavy from both the weed and what that tall kid said. No matter what I did, I couldn't seem to catch my breath.

"I'm not gay!" I shouted to no one in particular. But the moment I said it, I knew it wasn't true. At least, not a hundred percent.

I still liked girls, but dreams of kissing...dudes like...I'm gonna have to burn this shit after...Michael...were getting more and more common. What does it mean though? Am I really...gay??? No. I'm not gay. I like girls. I'm straight. But...is it normal to wanna make out with your best guy friend if you're straight? I don't know. I'm sure everyone feels that way about their best friend.

Anyways, Michael finds me and is all like, "I was just high, I didn't know what I was doing, blah blah blah." Then he said, "I thought it was you for a second." And I was like, wait a second! He thought he was kissing me! And the worst part is, I kinda maybe sorta possibly liked that he thought he was kissing me, but he seemed extremely embarrassed so we agreed to never talk about that night ever again. Then he walked me home (no homo!) and I laid in bed, just staring at the ceiling.

What if that tall kid was right about me? What if everyone thinks that Michael and I are...dating? *internal screaming* Hopefully the kids at school don't give him and I a hard time for it. I'm praying to god that everyone will forget about what he said, and get involved in more of the popular drama. I'm already unpopular enough without rumors that I like Michael floating around school. But all I know is that even though we may never talk about it again, Michael and I are never gonna forget what happened that night. I'm not sure how to feel about that, but maybe I should try to get some sleep since it's two A.M. and I've been playing video games for the last four hours.

Not sure how to end this because this is a diary entry not a letter to a person,

Jeremy.

I know it's kinda bad, but it's supposed to be like that because it's a seventh grade Jeremy writing it. Welp, I hope you liked it. Leave requests for what you'd like to see in the next chapter in the comments down below.