Chapter 11 - Her Turn

Start from the beginning

Yi Tian held her hand and gently squeezed it, "I may had made quite a few mistakes in the past but it does not mean i'd continue doing that. I've learned my lesson. And you," he let go of her hand but he reached for her chin and made her look at him, "you're far more precious to be a side chick."

Shen Yue's face turned red in a blink of an eye. Yi Tian laughed at her facial expression and that earned him a glare from the girl. However, a few seconds later, Shen Yue's face turned into a frown.

"Wait, what's the matter?", he asked.

"But... but...", she was having a hard time finding the right words  to say to him, "both our careers are doing well, Yi Tian. If we started to date, we might be ending our careers prematurely. I do not want that. I want you to succeed. I want both of us to succeed."

The man sensed her uneasiness so he just grabbed her closer to him and rested both of his hands on both of her shoulder, "I know what you're trying to say... and I understand.", he said with a smile on his face. "I do not want to be the reason for your career's downfall. I want to see you win prestigious awards inside and outside of China. I will wait for the right time, Yueyue."

Yi Tuan patted her head and proceeded to the door but before leaving, he said, "I'll clean this mess I unwillingly participated in. Promise, I'll be worthy of you."

Then he left, leaving Shen Yue in a daze... again.

---

One week had passed since they talked. Yi Tian was missing in action again - no calls, no texts, nothing. Shen Yue was busy thinking about Yi Tian's whereabouts when her phone rang and that snatched her out of her own thoughts.

"Hello?", she said.

"Hello?! Hello?! I've been calling you since 5am and all you'll tell me is 'hello'?!," her manager said. Shen Yue removed her phone from her right ear and quickly glanced at the screen. Truthfully, there were 43 messages and 61 missed calls from the manager. "My God Shen Yue! Are you kidding me? Today's the Happy Camp shoot!!! Exactly at 9 am! Where are you?! Did you forget?", she scolded.

"I did not. In fact, i'm already made up!", she lied. In fact, she was still in her pajamas. Her hair was also sticking in all directions and an inch drool was still visible from a corner of her mouth towards her chin. "Fetch me at 8."

After hanging up the call, she immediately ran towards the bathroom. She then went to her walk-in closet and chose a white loong sleeved shirt paired with a comfy pants. Since it was only 20 minutes before 8, she just put on a light makeup - thin layer of foundation, mascara, eyebrow pencil, blush and lip tint. Before heading out, she had a final look of her appearance. She was satisfied. It was nothing extravagant but nevertheless, she looked extremely cute.

'Yi Tian's gonna love this look.', she said to herself.

'As if he's going to see you today, duh!', the other voice in her mind said. Well, the latter one was quite right. It was not as if Yi Tian would pop up out of nowhere. That was too impossible.

Speaking of Yi Tian, she was starting to get worried sick and irritated at him at the same time. Was it difficult to just send a single message telling where he was? Would he just disappear like that after their confession? Was he mad that she was not ready yet to enter a relationship that he decided to be away from her? It was not as if she rejected him. She did not... as far as she can recall.

Her phone rang again. It was her manager. She immediately ran outside, locked her door, then eventually answered the phone. "Hey! I'll be there in a minute.", then she hang up the phone. She was sure her manager would yell at her again.

When she was outside the building, her service car was already waiting for her.

"SHEN YUE!!!", her manager excitedly waved at her inside the van. Her manager's voice was too loud. Good thing she was residing in an exclusive building that was why she was not afraid that fans, haters, or paparazzis would chase after her.

"The location's a 45-minute drive from here. We will be there in no time." her manager informed her.

On the other hand, the girl she was talking to was just staring outside absent-mindedly.

"So, who's the lucky guy?", her manager asked as she rummaged through her planner. She was trying to interrogate her artist and at the same time, plan out and finalize Shen Yue's schedule for today. She was good at multitasking. In fact, she was an expert in this area.

Through her peripheral vision, she saw the shocked expression from Shen Yue's face. Her expression changed from shocked to neutral that she almost -- almost doubted herself if what she saw was true.

"I know you, little girl. No need to conceal that shocked expression from me.", she smiled maniacally as she continued to probe into her artist's personal life. Shen Yue was a private girl and she knew so well that she won't be the one to open up to random people. Her manager's lucky because she was not just a random person for her artist. She was like a sister, a friend.

"I don't know, Jiějiě. I can't tell you now. Everything's too complicated.", Shen Yue sighed.

The manager just closed her planner and tapped Shen Yue's shoulder, "It's fine. I can wait. But I just want you to know that as long you're happy, I am too."

Shen Yue smiled at her, "Thanks. You're the best manager I've ever had."

"Well, I'm the ONLY manager you have. Don't overdo it." she said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"That's true." Shen Yue laughed.

❤❤❤❤❤

Early update guys!!! Hihi I was inspired last time that's why. 😂 this is a little longer than my regular chapters. Hope you like it!