I rolled my eyes, holding onto his arms with my hands as I shook my head.

"You're not allowed to tell me my boobs - or any other part of my body - are getting big."

He scoffed, pulling his body away from my touch as he took a step back to look at me. "I'm not allowed? Am I also not allowed to say anything about you comparing me with food you're craving?"

My lips pulled into a smile as I closed my eyes and shook my head again. "You can't say anything about that either."

Taking a step closer, Andrew raised his finger to tap on his lips and a sly smile began to grow. "Reward me now and I'll get you some snacks."

I waddled closer, bringing myself onto my toes as Andrew looped my arms around his neck. A hum of pleasure made our lips vibrate, my face heating as Andrew swiped his tongue over my bottom lip. I denied him access, pulling away at the bouncing in my uterus. I winced at the pain, "The baby doesn't like that, Andrew."

"The little shit will have to get over it." He growled even though this wasn't our first disruption, pulling me back so that he could kiss me again. For a few weeks now, Andrew and I have been having trouble with physical contact, most of the time being interrupted by the baby. We definitely couldn't get away with kissing, hugging was right on the line and we often had to chance it after growing tired of holding hands for so long. It was hard to sleep with him too, even when I would be deep in sleep and Andrew would merely throw an arm over me. A single sharp kick was enough to have me gasping for breath and pushing Andrew to the floor.

"Snacks!" He had already tempted us with the idea, and now I was comparing Andrew to even more of my food cravings.

He rolled his eyes with a sigh, kissing the side of my face before he began to trek inside the house. "I'll get right on that - After a shower!"

I watched him go until I could no longer see him, the thought of salty fries filling my mind one last time before I heard Andrew groan in my head.

Sitting down in the soft blades of grass, I debated on going and getting my snack myself, or joining Andrew in the shower. I hesitated in moving again, knowing that I had just sat down and I would need help to stand back up before I went anywhere.

Maybe I should go eat some potato chips.

The sound of the rest of the group disturbed the quiet, Gale and Cantu leading the group back before they noticed me sitting down. I waved them over, watching as they hustled to meet me across the field and sat down to form a little circle of three.

"How is the little monster today?" Gale smiled, wiping the sweat from his face with the back of his hand.

"Hungry." I groaned, my hands filling with the grass as I distracted myself from a headache brewing.

Cantu dug around in the pockets of his shorts, shaking his head before he retreated a granola bar. "It's definitely a boy, you're always hungry." He often carried snacks around with him, picking up this habit after witnessing one of my hangry rampages and swearing he hadn't seen anything scarier.

Gale nodded his head, "It's a boy for sure. Alpha Blood has been in the worst mood lately because the little man doesn't like to share the Luna."

"So, you think it's protective of me?" I laughed, digging into the food Cantu had offered to me and looked between the two as they continued.

They both nodded, speaking in unison. "Yes."

"That can't be true." I chuckled lightly, running my hand over my bump as I recalled the times I felt anxious when Andrew was gone for too long. "I always feel like I'm rushing to find him because when he's gone, we get anxious."

"Luna," Cantu began, massaging his shoulder as if he were loosening some knots. "We aren't saying the baby doesn't like the Alpha, we're just saying we think he's a Mama's boy."

Gale smiled as he agreed. "The pack can't make up their mind about what they think it is. Cantu and I have been taking bets all month, and it's come down to a few votes difference."

My smile widened at the pack's interest. "And what's the verdict?"

Cantu and Gale looked at each other before speaking in unison again. "Boy."

I held my hands in the air in defeat, Gale standing before helping pull me up to my feet. "You're both wearing me out, I need another snack." Their laughter rose in the air and I waved my partings as I slowly made my way back to the house.

Inside of the pack house was busy with life as wolves passed me and greeted me in abundance. I managed to squeeze myself past them, beginning the climb up the stairs towards our room. I wondered if Andrew was in the shower, my mind filling with the idea to join him as I slowly took the steps one at a time.

This was harder to do now as my breath labored and I fought against the burn of my lungs and aching body. When I had reached the top of the stairs, I had to lean myself against the wall to fight off the dizziness. I had hardly made it into the bedroom before I had fallen to my knees, my hands gripping the top of the bed so that the fall wasn't damaging. I leaned my back against the bed while I sat on the floor, gasping for a decent breath as my body contracted.

"Where are you? Emily, where are you?!" Andrew's voice filled with panic rose in my mind, no doubt he could feel what was happening with the shared emotions.

"Our room."

I glanced at the bathroom, wondering why he hadn't been here taking a shower like I had thought. I had realized where he was when I heard his heavy footsteps racing down the hallway and into the room, his hands filled with food and snacks I had been craving. Andrew had tossed them to the side with his face contorted in pain and worry as he slid to the floor beside me.

My hands circled my stomach and felt the kicks and pushes of distress, traveling further south until warm liquid coated my fingers. My water had broken, leaving a pool of mess underneath me and on the floor. I stared in pain and in wonder at the amount of blood that was mixed with it, wondering if that was healthy...

"Andrew -" It was too soon, the baby wasn't ready to be birthed yet.

I could feel Andrew lifting me in his arms, shouts of alarm rising as he tried to speak with me. My head rolled numbly to the side as I looked at him, trying to understand what he was saying to me.

Then, my body went limp in his hold and I fell unconscious.