✔︎

eddie sat in the back of his study hall classroom waiting for the class to be over. at the begining of the year eddie signed up for two study halls instead of taking another optional math class, but did he ever regret it. he wanted to sit in that math class with richie and gaze at him and watch every litte thing he did. eddie always looked up to richie and admired him, he was like his idol.
     eddeie opened up his notebook to a random page toward the back and started doodling. eddie was very good at abstrct art, and when he was bored the most, he spent his time drawing. his pencil scratched along the paper as he shaded the drawing. after he was satisfied with his sketch, he set down his pencil and observed his artwork. he looked at it for a moment, and all he saw were some circles and scragly lines, but he was sure it was more than just that. he slowly started turning the notebook, examining it and hoping that it would be something good. he had almost flipped it the whole way back around when something caught his eye. he turned it to the left just a tad more, and stareted to see eyelashes, then a dark iris, and a pupil. had eddie drawn an eye...sideways? something about this eye was different though...it seemed familiar, like he had seen it a million times before. he tried his hardest to pin point it but just couldn't figure it out. the bell rung signalling the end of the class, frusterating eddie slightly. he gathered his things, and folded his notebook, so it would stay open to the page of his drawing.
     right before the day ended, eddie had his second study hall which was in room 102, right besdie the library. he asked the teacher to kindly go to the library to check out a book, just to occupy his time. the teacher gave him permission and eddie quickly made his way out of the classroom and into the library. he immediately noticed that no one was in the library, so he decided to take his time and really browse around. the small boy travled up and down many aisles of books, picking many off the shelf, and giving the first few pages a read. the boy had worked his way through most of the library, and had reached the finale aisle of books. he skimmed through the titles of the thick books slowly, most of them reading about puberty or growing up. then at the end of the row there was a book called, "what do you like?" this book quickly caught eddie's attention, since he thught maybe it was some sort of personality quiz, and he had time to kill, so why not? he pulled the book from the shelf and opened it, not bothering to check the cover. he flipped through the first few pages that just had the authors name and the title of the book, along with some acknowledgements. he flipped to the first section of the book and started skimming down the page, not bothering to comprehend any of the information he was reading. he flipped to the next page that had a small quiz. he obviously wouldn't fill it out since that would be vanalism, and he didn't want anyone to know his answers.
     "have you ever fantasized about the same sex?" eddie read. he was shocked to find out that this book was not all he thought. he pressed on hoping there would be different questions awaiting him.
     "in the past, which sex have you been more attracted to?" eddie once again was surprised by the question, and quickly found out that this book was nothing he expected it to be. he quickly shut it and shoved it back onto the shelf as his cheeks flushed a light shade of pink. he quietly rushed out of the aisle and made his way towards the exit, trying his best not to bring attention to himelf.
     "welcome back eddie, it took you forty-five minutes to find a book?" quizzed his teacher as eddie found his way back to his seat. "sorry.." eddie replied quietly, even though eddie hadn't found a book. the teacher returned his focus back to his own book, and eddie pulled out the drawing that he had done earlier that day. he started observing it, and once again tried to figure out who's eye he had doodled. maybe he should draw some glasses on it? he pulled out his pencil and sketched on a pair of abstract glasses, then began examining the picture. the glasses had thick rims, with large lenses, and the eyes behind them were large and dark. eddie bit his lip in thought as he continued to think of where he had saw this before.
     there came a knock on the door of his study hall, and richie's head popped in. "uh, mr.horner, could I borrow eds for a sec?" richie asked looking around the room for his small friend. "of course, he's back there." replied mr.horner, pointing at eddie. eddie started to put away his drawing, when he noticed something about it, he looked at richie who was patiently waiting for him by the door, and back down to the drawing. had eddie drawn...richie? everything from the glasses, to the dark eyes and the eye shape...
     "let's go eds." richie nagged, leaning up against the wall beside him. eddie swallowed hard and shoved the notebook into his bag, and rushed over to his friend.