Wednesday

Ayano spend most of the morning, looking around the school. Anything to give her an idea. She already figured that direct influence might cause her to freeze up, so something discreet and not so much her fault would be perfect. Then she found it, in the gardening club. She had asked for a tour from Uekiya, as she thought about joining the club to gain access to a circular saw for later murders.

Next to the school's shredder was a bottle of gasoline that Uekiya explained was for the machine so that it was always running. Gasoline was highly flammable, so she could fill a bucket and spill it onto Osana. Then use a box of matches to trigger a fire, burning the girl to a crisp. It sounded horrifying and insane. Even for Ayano, but she tried to repress any latent regrets and worries. She couldn't fuck this up again.

Glancing backwards, she could see that Uekiya was smiling at her. "And that's the end of the tour, do you want to join the gardening club then, Miss Aishi?" the club leader asked, her voice sweet and innocent. This brought a little smile to Ayano's face, the school's respective 'big sister' was so kind that she wouldn't even dare kill the woman. Plus, it would close the gardening club so it wasn't advantageous.

"Yes, it sounds amazing, Miss Enqeika. I'll join your club," Ayano responded, looking at the gasoline in the corner of her eyes.

Hearing this, Uekiya instantly smiled and picked up a white anemone flower. Holding it gently, she em-braided it into Ayano's hair. "There you go, that's the symbol that you are part of the gardening club. You'll now have access to our shed and gardening equipment. I'll introduce you to the other girls at club time, between 5.00 and 5.30 so make sure you're there. I'm going to get going towards class, since mine's on the third floor. Mind putting the equipment into place for me."

"Of course," Ayano promised, before watching the older woman leave the gardening club with a smile on her face. Breathing out, the dark haired girl picked up the gasoline and tipped it into a nearby bucket. Picking the bucket up, she headed back towards the school and ran into the courtyard. Osana was sat there, talking and laughing with senpai so it'd be easy to just fake a trip and spill the gasoline. 

But she needed the matches first, glancing at the time on her clock and she instantly knew that she would have just enough time before class to spill the gasoline. Running to the back of the school, she texted Info-chan for a box of matches and sent the panty shots (She had been storing some for safe measures).

Rushing back, she dropped the matches and picked the bucket back up. One. Two. And trip. She head the floor with a momentary source of pain as she could hear the splashing of gasoline. It had hit its target, the orangette looked down at her clothes with utter shock as she sniffed it. "What is this....!? It...smells like gasoline?...."

This was it. Ayano picked up the matches and then froze into place. Again, she felt unable to just flick the matches to lit a fire that would burn Osana to the ground. Why was she struggling so much, it made little sense. No sense in fact. By the time she clicked back into reality, she heard Osana grumble. "I can't go to class like this...." and watched as the tsundere rushed out of the courtyard and towards the changing rooms.

Following behind, her hands held the matchbox shakily and shivery. She reached the bathrooms, just as one of the student council arrived and noticed the gasoline covered girl. With her unsettling smile still present, Shiromi Torayoshi commented. "What happened to you, Najimi-san?"

Freezing, the gasoline still dripping off her wet clothes. "...A kouhai accidentally tripped over whilst carrying a bucket of gasoline, and it spilled all over me..."

Still displaying nothing, but that unnerving smile, Shiromi nodded her head. "I'll let you get cleaned off and I'll inform your teacher as to why your late to class," Osana nodded and ran into the girl's changing room, as Shiromi glanced back at the nearby bush. "You can come out now, Aishi-san."

"...How did...-?" she paused mid-statement, quite confused as she stood up.

Shiromi chuckled to herself. "I know a lot of things, Aishi-san. So this gasoline incident was just an accident, ay? It better not happened again or the council president will have to get involved and take drastic measures."

Not wishing Megami to get involved, Ayano frantically nodded and ran off. Once far enough, she watched as Shiromi made her rounds back towards the school entrance and shivered a little. She had to apologise, she felt awful for spilling the gasoline all over the tsundere before as she should have known she wouldn't have gone through with the burning.

Opening her phone, she typed a quick and simple message to Info-Chan. 

Ayano: ....I can't do this....I'm not able to....

Info-Chan: So you don't mind if your precious senpai ends up in Osana-Chan's arms then?

Ayano: I....care, but I....just don't have the will to murder.

Info-Chan: Well, I see. So history won't be repeating itself.

Ayano: W-what do you mean by that?

Ayano's hands shook as she typed this, and as a result she didn't even notice that someone was coming up from behind her as she had her nervous chat with Info-Chan.

Info-Chan: What I mean is that I heard what the woman in the Aishi family are known for, being blood-thirsty monsters that are willing to do anything for the object of their affections - the thing that gives them emotions and feelings. I see you buck the trend.

Ayano: You...know about that?

Then she felt a hand on her shoulder, sympathetically. Turning, she saw Osana in a gym uniform with a pitying smile on her face. It didn't take a genius to work out that the tsundere had seen her text messages. "Aishi-san, you don't have to be like your family if you don't wish to."

"B-but..." Ayano was nearly hyperventilating and collapsed to the floor, her phone dropping onto the grass. It didn't break, but Ayano wished it had when she caught sight of Info-Chan's next message.

Info-Chan: Of course I know about that, I know everything. I looked into your name and discovered about your mother's, Ryoba, trail and how she managed to trick the police into letting her get away with murder. Honestly, I thought you'd be the same. Guess I was wrong. Don't expect any help, Osana WILL take your senpai without a doubt.

Osana noticed the message too and was confused instantly. "What is this person talking about, Aishi-san? Senpai? Your family?"

Knowing that her options were limited, Ayano curled up in a ball and just stayed there for a moment before letting out a low hoarse whisper. "...In....my family....none of the woman....can feel.....emotions....., u-until they meet a certain s-someone......"

"A certain someone?" came the asking reply as Osana sat down next to her and rubbed her back as she feared the girl was crying. Ayano wasn't doing that, but her eyes felt heavy and she felt those familiar sensations that other girls talked about when they were sad.

"F-for me.....it's T-tar..." she heard Osana's gasp of surprise and mild horror as she seemed to work out everything. She froze mid speech hearing the gasp and found distressed.

Unable to bring herself to talk about it anymore, Ayano got up and ran off with an awkward feeling in the pit of her stomach. What was she supposed to do, why was she unable to kill like her mother and the rest of her family. Why did she even tell Osana anything! She didn't know and she felt a low grinding headache build up as she collapsed in a nearby storage room, a droplet of liquid suddenly rolling down her cheek. Unnoticed by anyone.