Through It All

~Tillie's POV~

The tears slowly tribbled to a stop, and I took a deep, cleansing breath. Fern and I didn't fight much, so it had shaken me when she started yelling. Though, I admitted with a sigh, she had asked me to leave her to her work, and I hadn't. So I couldn't pretend the fight hadn't been my fault as well.

Getting to my feet, I wiped at my sticky face. The clock read 10:37, so I decided to make brunch for us to talk over when she got back. She loved sausage, so I dug through the freezer, finding some frozen pancakes that I liked as well. Quickly checking my phone, I found that I had no waiting messages, no missed calls. Well, she probably needed time to cool off. Sighing, I pulled out our one pan and turned the stove on.

~Fern's POV~

I climbed the stairs, careful to not let the box tip or the orange juice spill. It would be a fine thing, wouldn't it, to ruin the peace offering I'd gotten for Tillie. Seeing our door, I paused to take a deep breath. Balancing the box and cup in one arm, I dug around for my keys, snagging them by the half of a heart keychain Tillie had given me back in highschool. My half said "Side by side or miles apart" and I knew hers said "you are always in my heart". I smiled ruefully. As if I needed a reminder of how much she meant to me, and I to her.

Pushing open the door, I was greeted with the smell of frying sausage. Breathing deep, I made my way to the kitchen. "Fern!" Tillie jumped, then rushed to hug me. Hurriedly setting down the box and cup, I caught her, pulling her close and burying my face in her hair. "I'm so sorry, Tillie." I murmured, closing my eyes as I squeezed tighter. "I am too, Fern." She mumbled against my neck, squeezing once before letting me go.

"I made sausage and pancakes." She gestured, a little unnecessarily, towards the pan. "I brought pancakes and hash browns." I grinned, grabbing the box and cup. "Orange juice too." Her eyes lit up, and for a moment I wondered what I could've been worried about. We would get through this together, like we always do.

Grabbing two plates, I set the pancakes (both the ones she'd made and the ones I'd bought) on hers, the hash browns and sausage on mine. With a laugh, I nuzzled her temple with my nose. "You know me too well." She grinned, grabbing forks and knives. "Yeah well, we're best friends. What did you expect?"

"Once Upon a Time?" I asked, raising a brow. Pulling the laptop towards us, she nodded, a smile playing on her lips.

~Luke's POV~

I was almost scared to open the feed the next morning, yet it was like an itch I couldn't scratch-- I had to know. Had they made up? Would they be crying again? I hadn't slept well, having woken up from nightmares about the band breaking up several times throughout the night.