First Day Of 8th Grade

Gabby's P.O.V

     Hi, I'm Gabby. I am 13 years old, and today is my first day of 8th grade, I'm excited and nervous. I'm walking to school with my best friend, Devan- we have been friends since second grade.

     To tell you more about me- I have straight, brown hair, hazel eyes, freckles (not too many), I am 5'3, I was born on July 1st, I have two sisters and one brother, and that's pretty much it.

     Devan's P.O.V

     Hey, I'm Devan. I am 13 years old, and today is the first day of 8th grade. I'm pretty excited. I'm walking to school with my best friend, Gabby- we have been best friends for what feels like forever.

     If you want to know more about me- I have brown hair, blue eyes, I am 5'5 (I haven't hit my growth spurt yet), I was born April 17th, I have an older brother, and that's honestly it.

     Gabby's P.O.V

     We were about to approach the front of the school when Devan turned to me and said, "You ready?"

     "I think so," I replied. We were now the "big kids" of the school, I don't why that bothered me so much, but it did. I was also just afraid this year would go by too fast. Then we would be in highschool. I've dreaded highschool for a long time.

     I've never told anyone this, not even Devan, and I literally tell him everything. I trust him. Highschool sounds so scary, and what if highschool finally splits us up, I don't want that happening. 

     I think Devan could tell I was upset because he looked at me worried, and said, "Gabby?"

     I ignored him. I just smiled at him, and kept walking.

     Devan's P.O.V

     We were approaching the school, so I asked Gabby, "You ready?"

     She replied, "I think so."

     She had a look of worry and fear cross her face, I was worried about her. I said, "Gabby?"

     She shot a smile at me and kept walking, completely ignoring me. That's not like her.

     Once we got into the school, we headed to homeroom. Our lockers were side by side. We got unpacked and went in. Gabby recognized some of her friends, and went over to them. I saw some of my friends and went over to them.

     Gabby's P.O.V

     We got into the school and got unpacked. Once we did we walked into our homeroom. I saw my friends and walked over to them, and Devan walked over to his.

     "So how was your summer?" my friend, Maddie asked me. We met in 6th grade because of the school play and have been good friends since.

     "Umm, pretty good." I replied.

     "What did you do over the summer?" My friend, Sarah smirked. We also met in 6th grade, except that was from being in the same classes.

     I knew the exact answer she was looking for. My friends always bug me about Devan. I've told them numerous times that we are just good friends, and they always tell me they think he likes me and all of that stuff. But we're just friends, really good friends.

    But I had to tell the truth, "I hung out with Devan most of the summer, and any day we didn't hang out I was pretty much just bored, he's a lot of fun to be around."

     They gave me a weird look. I blushed a little, I said a little too much, but we are just friends.

     "Right," they said in unison.