Chapter Twenty-One: For Him

AUTHOR'S POV 

It's been a couple of days since Laurent told his love the true reason they haven't made love as of yet and while it's been difficult waiting for the results Laurent is more in love with Larry than ever before. He's been so sweet, so warm and so...Larry. Assuring Laurent that no matter what the test results are he will forever have his support and the way Larry held onto him as he laid on top of him...his cheek resting comfortably against Laurent's strong chest was nothing short of beautiful. When Larry told his love that he just wanted it quiet and for them to be close to each other Laurent held him as if he never wanted to let him go. There was nothing but sweet silence surrounding them and it was so beautiful that the TV never came on that night. With their hearts beating in sync Laurent couldn't stop touching and caressing him. Whether it was taking his hand and making soft, smooth circles on his back or lightly kissing his forehead he simply couldn't stop. If he wasn't doing those things he was inhaling the scent of his fro and practically getting lost in it. The sweet intimacy between them eventually put Larry to sleep with Laurent falling asleep shortly after. This morning is another sunny one and when Larry opens his eyes he has to quickly shut them for the light is that strong. He's careful to open them slowly to allow them to adjust to the bright rays. He then turns around to see the gorgeous creature next to him sleeping ever so beautifully and he smiles groggily then carefully positions his body to gaze at him. He then takes his pointer finger to gently caress Laurent's cheek then lightly kisses the tip of his nose before slowly getting up to head to the bathroom and freshen up. His steps are light and the noise is minimal so he won't disturb his sweet love. As he brushes his teeth he's thinking of what to put on the menu for breakfast and he smiles even through the brushing when it comes to him. He speeds up to finish then with the same gentle pace he leaves the bedroom and heads for the kitchen to begin pulling everything he needs out of the fridge. He's sure he's successful at keeping the noise to a minimum so Laurent can sleep in a little longer and with the pans warming up he places a few slices of bacon in one where the light sound of a sizzle begins. He then cracks several eggs into a bowl along with a splash of milk as well as seasoning and just as he begins whisking it all together he feels two strong arms wrap around him...the minty scent from Laurent tip toeing to the bathroom to freshen up filling Larry's senses...

Larry: *smile* "Good morning". 

Laurent: *kisses shoulder* "Good morning", he whispers. 

Larry: *smile* "I didn't mean to wake you up. I just wanted breakfast to be ready for you". 

Laurent: "No it's oki. Thank you for cooking". 

Larry: "Welcome", he whispers.

Laurent: "I want to help. What can I do"?

Larry: "Thank you baby. You can make the batter for the french toast". 

Instead of applying another gentle kiss to Larry's shoulder Laurent places a kiss to his cheek then whispers, "oki my love" in his ear. He drops his arms to retrieve a bowl and the spices needed from the cupboard. He cracks and whisks a few eggs then adds generous dashes of cinnamon and sugar along with a splash of milk and combined with the savory bacon just beginning to fry the aroma wafting through the home is heavenly. While Larry finishes up the scrambled eggs and such Laurent takes care of the french toast with each side cook to a golden perfection. No breakfast would be complete without a side of fresh fruit so and with their plates stacked to their liking they have a seat at the table to dig in. This breakfast mirrors that of their dinner a couple of nights ago where they didn't speak too much, rather, delighted in the sight of each other in between bites. They even have a moment where they play "footsies" under the kitchen table prompting soft laughter from both. Even though the dishes used weren't that many they still washed them together after they finished they decided to do some cleaning. Larry is feeling so good that he turns on some music and dances while he cleans. When Laurent notices he can't help but smile because it's beyond adorable. That smile is now fading away slowly because a particular song comes on. Larry is still dancing away but something tells him to look over at Laurent and when he does he notices a solemn look on his face...