Dinner is served

1864, 14 July

Aleksej still didn't know how to process what Anna had said. It was to much, he didn't think she would warm up to him that quickly but he was glad she has. Now it was soon time for the dinner and he saw Anna mingling around with her sister-in-law by her side. He wasn't particular worried that Anna wouldn't be able to talk to his "part" of the wedding guest, mostly because of her amazing charisma, she could talk to anyone and everyone would be listening. He was already so proud of his young wife and the person she was.

- Aleksej Aleksandrovitj?

Aleksej turned his head and met with the proud face of Countess Nikolajevna.

- Countess, Aleksej greeted her.

- The wedding was absolutely wonderful, Countess Nikolajevna greeted him.

- Yes, I am very happy with how it turned out.

- And Anna?

Aleksej couldn't help but to smile at the mention of his wife.

- There's no words that could possibly describe how beautiful Anna looked when she walked down that aisle, he answered.

- I agree completely with you, Anna looked like an angel, aunt Catrina said.

Aleksej nodded and looked out over the crowd again. He's brain returned to what Anna said earlier. Did that really happen? Did she really say that she thought she was falling in love with him? He really hoped that but he didn't know how he could be more sure. He just had to wait and see.

- The dinner is served, a servant announced from the opening of a pair of the dubble doors in the sitting room.

Aleksej was just about to go and look for his bride when she appeared by his side on his left and snuck her arm in his. He smiled without any particular reason and he and Anna walked into the room where the dinner would be held.

A beautifully decorated room in their wedding colors which was gold, red and white

A beautifully decorated room in their wedding colors which was gold, red and white. Aleksej and Anna was placed in the middle of the honors table of course and that's where Aleksej led his bride now. As everyone sat down the servants started buzzing more and soon the first of five dishes were brought in. The dishes they had chosen were chips with olivemix, grapes & feta for two starters which they have enjoyed in the parla and now it was time for the main course which was butternut squash, fresh fruit and stake and after what it was the wedding cake which had the taste of lemon and vanilla and was a beautiful five layers dream and as the evening and night progressed there would be bite-sized doughnut holes on skewers. The conversations around the tables began easy and never really stopped. It was a dream situation and Aleksej couldn't be happier. Then he saw in the corner of his eye that someone was getting up to speak. As Aleksej turned his head he heard the clinging of glass and the people quieting down. When he saw who was standing up Aleksej Aleksandrovitj let out a breath of laughter.

- Ladies and gentlemen, friends, new friends, strangers, family, Anna & Aleksej, Maks said and turned himself to the bride and groom. I have known Aleksej my whole life, we have been friends since we were little boys who run around the grounds of our houses in the middle of a rainstorm and he have never once faltered in the category of a friend. I know more than anyone that he has grown up a lot since those days but that doesn't mean that that little rascal isn't completely gone and for what it's worth I hope you get to see him Anna, take care of my friend beautiful.

 I know more than anyone that he has grown up a lot since those days but that doesn't mean that that little rascal isn't completely gone and for what it's worth I hope you get to see him Anna, take care of my friend beautiful

When Maks raised his glass and they cheered three times for the married couple.