Chapter 31- The Act

Henry

"My Lord, the Duke of Heron called and he wishes to inform you that he will drop by later." My ever-loyal butler said. This butler who grew very fond of Xykie that he insists to call her when the news of her accident arrived at my estate. My staff was waiting for me when I arrived after that unfaithful encounter with William and Jackie. They are waiting for me to confirm that Xykie is fine.

I was in the library the whole time, drowning my sorrow and this blasted feelings for Xykie with brandy. I can't be with her. I am no good for her. I am not my father who will tie her in my side when she has so much potential to grow. I don't want her to be my mother who got tired of this place. I don't want her to be a victim of my family drama. I don't want her to change and I am craving for her light. For her laugh that contagious, for her kindness, for her courage...I am craving her presence but I can't be with her. As much as I want to protect her from me... I am protecting myself too for the future destruction that is on my way. Because history will repeat itself and I don't want to lose her in the end. So I will end this now.

"Lady Xykie will be here too, My Lord. The Duke will drop her off." Morris informed me smiling.
"May I suggest that you need to sober up a little for you are drinking too much these past few weeks?"

I closed my eyes... The ending that I need is here.

"Call the House of Angel," I said. House of Angel is a gentleman club with women who work for entertainment for male pleasure.
"My Lord." Morris's eyes went wide when he heard what I said. He looked scandalized with the thought.
"Do as I say. Order one entertainer. One who can dance and play. Go, Morris, or I swear I will cut your head and feed it to the fish." I shouted.
Morris stands straight and his eyes narrowed. With a dignified look, he went to the phone, look for the number on the directory, and dialed its number. Morris talks to the other end like a person who ate a bitter melon.
"All done, My Lord." He said after he put down the phone. His face is serious and disapproving.
"Your...order will arrive shortly."

"Wait for the entertainer. Ask her to proceed to this Library. Then wait for Xykie and Lucas to arrive. Let me know when they will arrive. Send Xykie at the Library, Morris." I instructed.
"She will see the entertainer. It will hurt her."
"That is the plan," I growled. "Do as I say."
Morris shut his mouth and nod.
"I only wish you know what you are doing, My Lord. For the Lady do not deserve this harsh payment for loving you."

"You are quite handsome..." Says the blond woman who Morris accompanied to the Library.
"Shall we proceed?"
"This is what I want you to do," I told her what she will do. She will dance in front of me when Morris gave us a signal but I will not touch her. She looked bored when I lay her my plan.
"I won't complain if you change your mind." She said.
"Sit until I told you it is time," I said and made her invisible until Morris announced that Xykie and Lucas are at the entrance.

The woman wears strings that didn't hide anything. She is dancing in front of me that didn't make my crotch stand. It is dead as a corpse even there is a woman grinding her butt in my face. The door open and I saw Xykie standing there with Morris cursing behind.

I never knew I am a good actor. I acted like I don't care...That her pained face didn't bother me. I acted like I liked what the woman doing to me. Xykie paled, her eyes huge... and she looks hurt. And even I wanted to throw this blasted woman who is opening my zipper and reach for Xykie and begged for her forgiveness, I remain sitting. Pretending to enjoy every once of this blond woman.

"Morris..." I called. I looked at Xykie with cold eyes.
"Please close that damn door."

Xykie moved, with grace and with dignity. She closed the door by herself. I closed my eyes and force myself not to cry in front of other people. I slapped the woman's hand that is now giving me a hand job.
"I said you will not touch me." I hissed at her. She looked startled by what I did.
With the same dignity as a noblewoman, the entertainer gave me a disapproving look and leave me alone. She gets a dress and I thank God I will not see her pale body again. She covers herself like what supposed to be and sits in the farthest corner of the room.

After a few minutes, Morris knocked on the Library and enter.
"She left, My Lord," Morris said with a hard voice and eyes cold. I never saw him like this. Like he is ready to murder someone.
"Arrange for transportation for this woman," I instructed.
Morris nod and didn't speak. He waited for the woman to stand and he guides her out of the Library.

After a few hours of drinking and killing my liver, I called Morris.
"My Lord." He answered without his usual playful tone.
"Is she okay?"
"Who, My Lord?" He asked. I looked at him and I see stubbornness.
"Xykie."
"She is a very strong lady, My Lord." He answered.
"You arrange for her transport to the palace, I assumed."
"Yes." He replied.
"Let me know when the driver went back and she is safely returned."
Morris nod and didn't answer further.

The next day, when I saw Morris at the foyer speaking with Xykie's previous maid... I remember that he didn't inform me when Xykie is safely returned.

"Morris," I called him.
Both he and the maid looked at me with disapproving eyes.
"Is she safely return to the palace?" I asked.
"She is not in the palace as we speak, My Lord." The maid replied.
"She asked me and the driver to accompany her to France. She is in flight going to the Philippines right now." She informed me before she bows and leaves me and Morris.
"Like what you wanted. She leaves you...for good." Morris said before he leaves me alone.

---------------
A/N
Tanga-tanga mo kasi Henry... Gigil mo kami