Chapter One

*Lauren Baker*

As my alarm screamed at 6:30 a.m. I rolled out of bed and shut it off. School had finally started and I was so excited to see all the friends I didn't see in the summer. I took a quick shower and put on my favorite skinny jeans and a lacy white tank with my white vans. I straightened my long chestnut hair. I wasn't such a makeup fanatic but I wore some mascara and baby lips. When I walked down the stairs my mom gave me my golden feather necklace that matched my ring. I took a bite of my blueberry muffin and I might add, brushed teeth and muffins don't taste good together. Realizing there was twenty minutes until school I left the house and ran to my truck. I was the only girl in my school with a lifted truck. The other girls may have a truck but not lifted. They all had there parents spend their money of them. My family definitely wasn't poor. I was probably one of the richest in my school. Trust me, I have rich people in my school. I parked in my usual spot next to my best friend, Kianna. She was the head cheerleader and didn't do any sports. She came running full sprint at me. She nearly dropped her phone and she jumped into my arms. She started babbling about something "He looked" she stopped taking breathes in between and laughing "so hot and" I stopped her by putting my hand on her mouth. Once she got everything together and straitened herself out. "There is a new guy in school and he's so hot and omg I just can't." She fell into my arms and she made me nearly fall. "Okay, what does he look like?" I asked sorta nervous. I definitely didn't want to get interested in boys now. Junior year was going to be a difficult year. "Where do I get started-" she spoke with a soft moan. "he's got dirty blonde hair that is just right about his dark brown eyes. He's 6'5 and his bodies absolutely gorgeous! His jaw bone is so strong and his face is absolutely beautiful." She spoke while closing her eyes and biting her lip trying to be hot. I laughed at her and made my way to my locker. I didn't spot the guy who's name was Carter. I made my way to Chemistry and that's when I found him. He was talking with all the cool kids. Zach Penn walked over to me and pulled my to the table next to his. I had the table to myself and Carter and Zach shared a table. Carter gave me a quick look and smirked. I couldn't help but smile and look away. I felt my face burn. "Lauren, this is Carter and flip flop." He said with a smile. Greg, Brock, Ethan, and Evan were talking to one another and then the Carter and Zach joined them and they whispered something and all the boys looked at me. A lot of them were smirking at me and looking at me from head to toe. Greg gave me a wink and I felt my face burn. The bell final rang and the class began and went by like a breeze. Once class was over I bolted over to Kianna who was standing by my locker. Zach called my name by I ignored him. I told Kianna in gym class what happened "They so dig you!" She spoke while running around the gym trying to look like she was doing something. "Uh I don't think so, but I do want to know what they were saying!" I admitted while I shot some baskets. She glanced at me, I could she was mad at me. She didn't get that much attention from every single guy. Even though she had a thing with like three guys; Jake, Adam, and Zach. I used to like Zach but them Kianna and him had sex and just flirted all the time so I gave up on that. After all my classes I got to my truck. Volleyball didn't start for two weeks so I got to go home right after school. Derek met me at my truck and he gave me a hug. I missed him and it's been forever since I've seen him. We hung out at the fair a few weeks ago and after he spend the night. Now you're probably thinking we did stuff, we only cuddled. He asked me to go to football practice and wait for him and I did. I sat there and watched. All the guys waved at me and whistled and were the flirty boys they were. Even though I didn't know Carter very well but he seemed like one of the guys. After practice Derek and I hung out till at leave midnight. A few weeks past and I went to hang out with Derek and some of the jocks; Greg, Trace, Zach, Carter, and us. The 4 mains ran off to the batting cages and Carter said he would stay back with me. I leaned a lot about Carter actually, he was a really nice and he had an interesting life. He gave me his number and we talked all threw the night. So many girls were into Carter and Carter asked me if I was a fan girl. I denied because I wasn't head over heels for this guy. Getting to know a new person actually felt really nice, and I'm glad it's Carter.

•guys I'm sorry it got really stupid towards the end I was rushing to get this done and I'm really tired! State this weekend, wish us luck! Also let me know what you guys think about this book and give me more ideas!•