Chapter 2

(Jacks POV)

I woke up and looked around.'I'm in the med room'I mutter to myself.I look to the door to see Toby walking towards me.I try to sit up but I'm to exhausted to.

"Hey you know what happened to you?."He asks me sounding slightly frustrated.

I shook my head no.

"You basically voimted out the lining of your stomach Jack. you could've died."

I glanced up at him and looked him in the eyes before looking away.
"So?"

"You realized you where asleep for almost a month?If you weren't a demon you would've died from hunger and dehydration?"I shifted uncomfortably after those words.

I licked my chapped lips before responding with."Why do you care so much?" 

"Because now its my fucking job to make sure you don't die."He said before turning around and leaving slamming the door behind him.

Why does he care?He trains the other proxies....and half the time they die and he doesn't care.Why am I so special?

_______________________________________

Its been two weeks since I woke up.Tobys been stopping in and making sure I'm eating.Then sitting with me to make sure I don't throw it back up.Besides him being a bit of an asshole he's pretty funny and cute but I shouldn't even think that.

Today is the day he said we'll go for a walk to the lake to explore or whatever.I'm actually excited because all I've done is sit in this stupid bed in this stupid room.I hate it so much.

My phone buzzed.It was a message from Toby.It said 'get dressed were leaving soon'.I looked over to see a clean change of clothes sitting on the stool Toby always sat on.weird.I stood up and stretched then got dressed.

I walked out of the med room to see Toby waiting playing a game  on his phone.

"Finally you take forever."he mutters but I decided to ignore it.

I followed him out the door to this place and on the way he started making small talk.

"So how old are you?."He asks

"twenty..How old are you?."

"Twenty six"

I looked down at my feet.I need new shoes these ones hurt my feet..I'll put that on my 'to do list' that I dont have money for.I still havnt found the perks of  being a 4'11 demon that eats human flesh but whatever haha this thing called life is so fun.

"We're here kid."Damn his voice is so deep.

"Why'd we even come here?"

"I wanted to talk to you.."He muttered.I turned to leave because I know exactly what he's going to say and ive herd it before.

"I've herd it all before don't even start."I whidpered.Then I started walking away.

"No no."He ran up to me and places his hand on my shoulder."I wanna get to know you better."I turned and looked up at him.

"W-what?"