002

| Time jump to june 24, 1985 |

Will woke up before anyone else did.

He stirred, then rubbed his eyes with his hands. Will stood up from the couch in which he had slept and tiptoed to the kitchen, careful not to step on any of his friends.

He took the orange juice out of the refrigerator and poured some in a glass, returning the juice to the refrigerator afterwards.

He walked back to the living room, where the whole party was still sleeping. Dustin had a half empty bowl of popcorn by his side and was snoring the loudest.

Lucas and Max had fallen asleep next to each other, hands almost touching but not yet. We will have to do something about that, Will thought.

Mike and El were asleep basically cuddling. He knew El had had a nightmare, judging by the way there were tears stained on her face and how Mike held her, with her head on his chest and his arms holding her closer to him.

Will smiled to himself. He hadn't seen Mike that level of happy, not even before the whole upside down stuff. He was happy El made him happy, and vice versa.

He noticed Mike stirring a little after his watch started making a weird noise, and even though he didn't really know why, Will left his orange juice on the table and ran to the couch, pretending to be asleep.

Will could hear El yawning, and the sound of blankets moving.

"Good morning, El." Mike's voice was a faint whisper, but it was loud enough for Will to hear.

"Good morning, Mike." El's voice made its way to Will's ears.

"How are you feeling now?"

"Better, thanks to you." God, how sappy could they be?

"I'm glad." Will heard the sound of a little kiss and El giggling softly, and through the corner of his eye he saw Mike leaning away from El's forehead, meaning that he had kissed her forehead. "See how putting an alarm on helped us wake up before they did?"

"Yeah, maybe we should wake them up to get ready for the park." El said. "But first let me go to my sleeping bag."

"Maybe I should wake Will up first, and you can pretend to still be asleep, so no one will suspect anything." Will almost wanted to laugh at Mike's idea.

"Smart." El said, then Will saw her kissing Mike's cheek.

"Yeah, I would have believed y'all if I hadn't heard your conversation."

"Dustin?!" Mike and El asked stunned as Dustin sat on the floor, grabbing the bowl of popcorn and eating some.

"You seriously thought your alarm wouldn't wake me up?" Dustin asked frowning in a teasing tone, and El and Mike's faces went pink.

"Maybe next time use another alarm that doesn't wake us all up." Max suddenly said, and next to her, Lucas nodded. Will noticed they had moved apart from each other, since they were not as close as they were in their sleep.