Ch 56

Astha laid in her bed waiting for shlok to come inside, as usual now that he was reunited

with his true first love, his business, he was coming home late. Ayi was quiet but astha knew her patience was wearing thin. may be one night he will find the main door locked as it had happened with varad few years back.

she tossed and turned in bed, finally she got up and went to her other room and took out her diary and ball point and then came back to shlok's bed room, if ayi found her in another bedroom,she may think astha and shlok were still fighting.

She opened the diary, there were so few pages left, she laid back against the bed frame and started writing

''Dear diary

I found out how ayi and baba got married today. I was surprised to know baba wasn't ayi's first love, but seeing them ove my childhood I know how pure there love is, notwithstanding what happened one week ago, baba can not see anyone in pain. Ayi is lucky she found him, I think I can almost believe they were meant to be.

May be Shlok and I are not hopeless case after all? but I still can't fogive him for that day, h.''

astha shut her diary as shlok leaned over er to read what she was writing. she hadn't heard him come in,''shlok,its rude to read someone's private diary, its private.''

Shlok raised an eye brow, his eyes seemed curious, she will need to lock the drawer.

Shlok,''Ok but I can't believe you still start writing with 'dear diary'?''

Astha changed the topic,''ayi said to tell you that she is having puja on next monday and a party on wednesday.''

Shlok nodded,he seem to lost his interst,'' I will go and change.'' astha waited until he was gone before jumping down and going and putting the diary back and locking the drawer. Shlok was just coming out after taking shower, that was quick astha thought to herself.

Astha went and slipped in the bed,she felt herself tense when she felt shlok slip in bed too. she was holding her breath but he went to sleep. Astha wasn't clear if she was disappointed or happy about it.

...

Next day shlok didn't left for office but spent whole morning with Ayi. astha left them alone, so mother-son could chat. She busied herself with searching job advertisements. she circled few with red circle intending to call them when the outer room door opened, astha quickly hid the newspaper under the bed with marker. she just didn't want to share it with ayi or shlok. If she got the job then she will tell them. she picked up lip stick and started applying on her lips.

Shlok strode inside,'' why are you sitting alone here?''

Astha,'' nothing, just trying different looks. She put the lip stick back intending to pick the mascara, when shlok strode over to her, he stared at her lips,''I don't like this colour.''

Astha picked masscara and opened it, she applied it to one side then other,'' I like it.''

Shlok,''I think you applied too much, its too dark.''

Astha looked in mirror he was right,'' Its not.'' she picked an eye shadow,when his hand closed over hers, he turned her towards himself. Astha stared at him,he slowly bend forward, his eyes staring into hers in silent permission, astha closed her eyes, his lips brushed hers, once, twice gently and then he pulled back, astha didn't open her eyes, her breathing erratic.

Shlok,''Its gone now'' Astha opened her eyes, as he took a tissue paper and removed the lip stick from his lips, then he used it to clean her lip corners, his eyes boaring into hers. He picked the same lipstick and applied to her lips.

Shlok,''it looks better now. doesn't it?''

Astha just stared at him, was he playing with her? her heart was beating so fast from the small contact.

Shlok smiled,'' baba is coming today, ayi is waiting for you downstairs.''

Astha blushed, yes ,she needed to go but...

Shlok whispered,'' tonight'', her lashes gave out, hiding her eyes from his which were promising things which could not be fulfilled.

She stepped back from him and left. Shlok watched her go, his own heart beating too much. he wanted to go and stop her but it was not the time. He decided to take a cold shower, but as he was moving out, a marker came under his shoes,he bent to pick it up and saw the newspaper,he opened it and saw the red circles.