One

"Hey, let's cut alright." My brother and I turn around and look at our best friend Steve.

"Ugh." I say and rub my shoulder.

"What? No! We're here. Class is just starting man."

We looked in the classroom as the teacher dragged his nails across the chalkboard.

"Alright folks, whatcha got for me?" He hollered.

Steve put his hands on both of our shoulders.

"Okay listen, I cannot deal with that jerk today. Alright Mr. Perfect, come on take a risk."

Steve playfully slaps Darren.

"Take a risk! Come on."

---

We are on the roof of the school and I'm on my phone texting my friend from Japan.

Next thing I know, our asshole teacher is yelling at us.

---

"I-Im so sorry." We said in sync.

"It's that Steve. It's that damn Steve!" Our mother said angrily.

"U-uhh did Darren tell you he got an A on his math test? Oh, also (Yn) is passing P.E. class?" Our little sister cut in.

"Yes they did honey, now go to your room." Our mother and father got up.

"You guys can not be friends with that Steve anymore!"

"Mom, we're not five years old. You can't just tell us who we can and can't be friends with!" Darren spoke.

"True. Daddy, please. Steve didn't make us do anything!"

Dad just hushed me.

"You were on a good path, guys. And Steve has knocked you two off that path."

"What path?" Darren and I looked between mom and dad.

Dad spoke up.

"The path to a healthy, productive life,"

Mom covered her mouth.

"To a good collage, great job, and a life of your own! A happy, productive life. Collage, job, family. Collage, job, family. And if one day you're really lucky, you'll be standing here yelling at a teenager of your own! "

"ARE YOU TWO LISTENING?!?" Mom shouts.

---
"So wait, you two told your parents you're not going to be friends with me anymore?"

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean anything. We're all still like best friends."

Steve looked upset.

He looked at me and said.

"Really, (Yn)?"

I nod.

"Hmm. Oh okay, like secret best friends?" He asked sarcastically.

Darren hesitated.

"Yeah, kinda. I mean like I don't care what they say. "

"Bullshit. You two do care what they say. You guys do whatever they say! Well, (Yn)'s more chill. But still!"

"That's just who you guys are. You never stand up for yourself or anybody else. Well, you Darren,"

"Maybe your parents are right. Maybe you shouldn't be friends with me. I'm nothing, garbage."

"Y-you're not garbage! You're my friend, my best friend!"

A Hurst drove by and flung a paper at us.

"HEY FUCKER, THATS LITTERING!" I shout.

I zoned out as I watched them drive away.

---

"What's this, a Freak Show? This is illegal . I hope you weren't thinking of attending this."
---

My brother slipped out the window in his grey suit.

I lifted myself out and grumbled at him.

"Thanks for helping me."

"Good thing mom and dad haven't seen you." He said, eyeing me worriedly.((Your clothes are up top))

"It's fine. It's not like I'm going to attract a random vampire like a mosquito to a lightbulb!" I playfully punch his shoulder as he shuts our bedroom window.

"I think you've been hanging around Steve too much."

Annnnd how did you like chapter one? It's probably terrible but eh. This was one of my favorite movies when I was little and it still is. It came out when I was in five I think. Yeah, it did and I've been addicted to it since then. Anyways, this is going to be shitty and not quoted correctly and I'm sorry if I miss any parts. I am trying to go off memory and it's been about three years since I've seen it.