Chapter Nine

A/N: For copyright info please see chapter one. It looks like a re-sort will be soon. Anyway please enjoy and review. If I don’t have reviews then I can’t fix anything
or make changes to better the story. Thank You. Also may be triggers, sorry.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It’s Christmas holidays before we know it. Heads of Houses have been around for those to sign
up to stay for the two week vacation.

I will be going home, but Harry has decided to stay. I even offered him to stay with me but he says he’ll be ok here at Hogwarts.

Professor Snape approaches me as I head out of the Great Hall.

“May I have a word with you and Mr. Potter? Professor McGonagall will also be in attendance.”

“Sir, I was on my way to pack. Could we meet in your office?”

“Certainly Mr. Malfoy. I must now find Mr. Potter.”

“Try the library, sir. Granger may have dragged them there to make them do homework.” I say
as he turns away. He turns again and nods my way.

I head down to the dungeons, hoping to get some of my packing done. I get all of my stuff into my trunk and have it ready for after this talk with Professor Snape.

I sit and wait inside for Professor Snape to be back. I didn’t have long to wait, for not five
minutes later he walks in, joined by Professor McGonagall and Harry.

“Alright, what is this about, Severus?” Professor McGonagall scowls.

“As you are aware, a member of your house, Mr. Potter, has requested a re-sort into Slytherin. I think it wise to do so after the holidays are over. At the welcoming back feast.”

“And how is Mr. Malfoy involved?”

“He will be Mr. Potter’s dorm mate. As we do not have the space for six boys to share the same space. As these two here are already friends, I am inclined to place them together. Hopefully, Mr. Potter will adjust well alongside Mr. Malfoy.”

“Certainly, but why must we discuss this as if they are not here? I think we ask them.”

“I would absolutely agree to this, as long as Harry is ok with it, too.” I say immediately.

“I agree as well, but sir, what about Professor Dumbledore. He will not be as understanding. He
has even told me that I have no choice but to go back to my muggle relatives. I do not want to be at the receiving end of his anger.”

“Potter, why do you not wish to go back to your relatives home?” I turn to look at Harry; he shifts
uncomfortably.

“Sir, they do not like me.” He glances at me.

“Harry? Does your uncle hurt you?” He looks away quickly, but I still see the embarrassed blush.

I’m so angry that my magic begins to make pictures fall off the walls.

“Draco,” Harry sounds worried.

I close my eyes and take some deep breaths and pull my magic back in.

“Ok, I’m ok now.” I open my eyes and the three of them are watching me. “Harry, do you get to eat at your relatives house? I promise not to lash out this time, ok?”

Harry mumbles something. He looks at me and I raise my eyebrow to let him know that we had not heard him.
“Sometimes. If I finish my chores and don’t upset my Uncle. It’s ok. They aren’t that bad, I swear.”

“Mr. Potter, this is not acceptable. Severus and I will be looking for a new placement for you. Is this understood?” Harry nods.

“He might be able to stay with my family, ma’am. I would have to ask Father.”