Chapter 49

"Inviting my family Ayesha, really" he whispered slowly, turning his head towards her.

"It was a mistake inviting them and not you, I'm sorry but I really don't wanna do this ok? I just wanna do my job" Steph nodded and got up walking up to her.

"You got this job knowing you we're gonna be working next to me everyday what did you think was going to happen?" Whispering the last part in her ear as he limped out of the room.

———

During the past couple weeks Ayesha has been helping Steph get back to being 100%. Steph worked really hard so he could be done with training. And Ayesha did to so she could get Steph back on the court so they wouldn't be stuck in a room together with Steph trying to talk to her the entire time. Steph wanted her back, but she was still struggling she doesn't know if she should stay with jalen, someone who makes her feel happy and loved every time there together. Or Steph who she hasn't been with In years and doesn't even know if they would be the same. She loved Jalen but more then Steph? She didn't know how to figure it out, it was like there was a puzzle piece missing into figuring out who she should be with. But now she wants to forget about all of that and go have fun with her friends for her birthday.

Ayesha and Jalen were currently driving over to the club that they rented out for her party. Ayesha was wearing a tight v-cut red sparkly dress. They got to the club and walked inside hiding there faces from paparazzi's, they were out in full force tonight because the entire warriors team was there. Ayesha invited Steph but didn't actually know if he was going to show. Getting inside they said hi to everyone and grabbed a drink before going over to sit next to Sophie and some of the guys from the warriors.

"Wheres steph?" Jalen asked causing the people they were sitting with to go quiet.

"Um... something came up didn't give us much detail" klay responded knowing the real reason but not wanting to put a damper on Ayesha's night even though she had an idea.

"Oh well that sucks, tonight's gonna be fun" everyone agreed before talking a little more then heading to the dance floor.

"Would you like to dance" Jalen asked getting up and offering Ayesha his hand.

"I thought you would never ask" she smiled taking his hand as he led the way to the dance floor. They danced for a while and were all having a great time until the DJ stopped the music and took the mic.

"I would like to wish ms. Ayesha Alexander soon to be ms. Ayesha jones a very happy birthday" everyone cheered. "Now would everyone join me in singing Ayesha happy birthday while they deliver the cake" everyone started singing while they set the cake in front of her. Once they were done singing she blew out the candles and cut the cake to take a piece. Ayesha was sitting in jalens lap in the vip section watching everyone enjoy themselves.

"3 weeks until we're married and in Greece for our honeymoon are you excited?"

"Excited doesn't even begin to describe what I'm feeling, I can't wait" she smiled at him kissing his lips then laying her head on his shoulder.

"I can't either, especially for our future and having little us running around our house playing with our dogs" they laughed

"How long after marriage do you want kids?" She asked curious.

"ASAP" she shook her head

"Really" she smiled raising her brows at him

"Yeah and better yet we could start making one right now" he moved her body so she was now straddling him.

"You know damn well I ain't about to be pregnant on my wedding day" he pouted

"You can barely even notice in the first 3 weeks"

"Yeah but I don't wanna be feeling like shit either"

"Fine" he playfully rolled his eyes, she hit him.

"We can still do other shit though"

"I like the sound of that" she laughed, they started to kiss when they got interrupted.

"Oh sorry I'm just about to leave but I wanted to say you goodbye and give you my present"

"Dray You didn't need to get me a present" she said getting off jalens lap.

"Actually he didn't WE did" klay said standing next to him making her chuckle. She opened the nicely wrapped box to see a necklace with there high school logo with a little basketball charm next to it.

"Guys this is awesome how did you get this" she asked taking it out of the box.

"We had one of my friends make it for us"

"It's amazing thank you" she got up and hugged both of them.

"Now it's getting late so we have to go but we'll see you in two days" she nodded.

"Yup, thanks for coming guys"

"Happy birthday esh" klay said walking out.

"Oh and Steph said to give this to you but open it later" she furrowed her eyebrows, he just shrugged

"Ok will do thanks Dray"

"Yeah, happy birthday esh"

"Thanks" he walked out.

"Why does he want you to open it later?"

"I don't know maybe he just doesn't want it opened at a club" They laughed

"Maybe" after another hour and half the party ended and Ayesha and Jalen were headed home. Ayesha had a great time but she was ready to knock out. She was gonna sleep good tonight.

———

It was the next day, in the evening, Ayesha was opening all the presents that people brought even though she said she didn't want any presents. She finally got to the last one which happened to be stephs. Jalen was sitting on the couch watching tv so she decided to take it up to her room and open it. Opening the box she saw a note on top, she took it off and read it.

Ishiboo;),

I think it's about time I gave this back as a reminder of us. You gave it back to me when I/we made a big change and now I think it's time I do the same for you. Happy birthday esh wish I could celebrate with you.

Love , Stephen

Looking past the note she saw stephs toy that he gave her in kindergarten and that she gave back to him when he left to North Carolina. She picked up the toy seeing a box underneath it and another note on top.

Don't open until your wedding day ~Stephen

She got up putting the gift in a drawer on the side of her bed then going back to clean up the wrapping paper. She grabbed the toy and sat down on her bed with the memories rushing back.

"Somebody got you a stuffed animal?" Jalen asked walking into the bedroom.

"Yeah"

"Why" he sat next to her and grabbed it.

"I saw it in a store window and said I thought it was cute" she lied

"Who got it for you?"

"Javale" she lied again.

"Ok well I'm gonna get ready for bed then watch tv wanna come?"

"No" she hesitated "I have to go get something from work" she said staring at the stuffed animal

"Right now?" He questioned

"Yeah I have to have an injury report done for tomorrow and I forgot it I'll be right back"

"Ok" he replied as she walked out of the room and out to her car. He shrugged and plopped down on the bed to watch tv before going to bed.

She got to stephs house and walked out to his front door. knocking for a while, he didn't come to the door so she bent down to leave the toy until Steph opened the door with a confused expression. She was now standing at Stephs front door face to face with Steph and the stuffed animal that brought them together not knowing what she should say or do.