NIGHTWING X READER ☾ COVERT

Start from the beginning

Artemis rolled her eyes before grabbing your hand. "Come on, I'll let you borrow a shirt so you don't go home looking like a rat."

"What about me?" Wally whined.

"Oh, I got something for-" 

"No no," you said, cutting Artemis off, "I don't want to hear about my brother's sex life, thanks." 

Tossing your wet shirt into a plastic bag, you looked at Artemis with a thankful smile. 

"Thanks for the shirt," you said, sitting down next to Artemis on her bed.

"It's fine," Artemis said. "But I need to ask you something," she paused, looking at you awkwardly. "A-are you and Richard... Are you two seeing each other?"

You laughed awkwardly. "What? No, of course not. We-we're friends!"

Artemis looked at you with disappointment. "You're a shitty liar, Y/N." There was a moment of silence before she continued. "I'm not going to tell Wally."

"Oh, thank God," you sighed, an even more awkward laugh leaving your lips. 

"But I see the way he looks at you, and how you look at him. I only know that look because of what I have with Wally, but Wally doesn't see it because he doesn't think it's possible."

You stared at the ground in silence. You knew what she meant.

Artemis' words had been stuck on your mind the whole week and it caused an anxious knot in your stomach, making its way up to your throat when you wanted to talk to Richard about it.

"We need to tell him," you blurted, eyes still focused on the TV screen in front of you. Richard's grip around you tightened slightly, but you refused to look into his eyes.

"W-what do you mean?"

Sighing, you shifted your body out of his grip, sitting up to look at him. Being blunt was something you hated, often.

"I mean, I can't keep going around and keeping this secret from him. It's like- I feel like it's holding me back, almost. Like I'm worried that our future..." You trailed off. You weren't entirely sure what the future exactly held for you and Richard. But you knew you wanted to be there for it. 

Richard stared at you in silence before reaching out and pulling you back into his chest, releasing a long breath as you relaxed against him. 

"We'll tell him tomorrow," he said. "Make sure to have a doctor on sight though."

You had laughed at his words then, but the next day, you were seriously considering calling one of the League Members as Wally's words shattered your ears.

"So you're telling me that you've been dating my sister for how many years?" You flinched at the harshness of Wally's words, but when he took a step closer to Richard, you couldn't help but stand almost protectively in front of Richard.

"It wasn't just him that agreed to this relationship," you stated. Wally opened his mouth to speak, but you had beaten him to it. "Wally, I love you - you're the best brother I could ever ask for, even if sometimes you make me wind up in the shits." You could tell Wally was forcing himself not to smile at that one. Subconsciously, your hand snaked itself into Richards, his grip tightening around yours.

"But why would you both keep this a secret from me?" He asked, standing from his couch. "My best friend and my sister going behind my back and-" he shook his head. "Don't put that image in my head."

You forced the blush climbing up your cheeks back down, taking note at Richard's awkward cough. "Because I knew you would react like this, Wally. Heck, the first boy I brought home you took him into your room and threatened him!"

"Hey, I just didn't trust his hair cut okay? He was totally planning on getting a number 2 if you weren't careful." You shuddered at his words. He was right about that one - a week later he looked like he was going to go out for the army. 

"Irrelevant," you said, eye softening. "So... do you forgive us? Me? For not telling you sooner?"

Wally's eyes darted between Richard and yourself. He looked away when he forced a nod. "If you hurt her, I will curb stomp you."

Richard huffed a laugh, before pulling you slightly closer to him. "Guess I'm gonna have to watch my back a little bit more, huh?"

You let out a snicker. Being covert wasn't something you had to worry about for a while.

wow hi long time no see ive been really sad lately but im slowly starting to feel happy again :) ive got new friends in my life and the negativity is starting to fade and im starting to like who i am and my acne is basically non-existent. 

i hope you enjoyed and sorry for the extremely long wait

-exxie