IMAGINE: Falling in love with Tommy

You stare at Tommy, your chin rested in your hand, not even listening to the update he's giving to the gang. Tommy is the leader of the gang Peaky Blinders. You're a close family friend of the Shelbys and have been good friends with Tommy since you were both children.

     Over the past few weeks, you find yourself becoming more and more attracted to Tommy. You don't know why, but you are.

     When the room falls silent and everyone stares at you, you snap out of your daydreams. "Well, Y/N?" Tommy asks, raising his eyebrows expectantly.

     Your eyes widen slightly. You have no idea what just happened. "Uh..." You stammer.

     "You weren't listening to a word I said, were you?"

     "Sorry...?" You smile sheepishly.

     He rolls his eyes. "What's been up with you lately? Your body has been here, but not your mind."

     "Yeah, I know, I know, I'm sorry." You mutter, massaging your forehead. "I'll work on it, I promise. But in the meantime, can you just go over the update one more time?" You ask hopefully. Tommy sighs, smiles, and nods.

———

     You walk down the street. "Y/N! Y/N! Wait!" You hear Tommy calling behind you. You turn and see him jogging towards you. "Can I walk with you?" He asks, flashing you a smile.

     Your stomach flops weirdly and you suddenly feel nervous. "Uh, sure, if you'd like." You answer. Tommy and you walk in silence for a minute.

     "So, Y/N, I thought we could talk."

     You look at him. "About what?"

     "You've been so distant lately. And you're always staring at me. It's kind of scaring me."

     You laugh nervously and you blush. "Oh, pay no heed to me. I'm crazy!" You grin. Tommy stops. He touches your arm and it's like a lightning bolt strikes it. You quickly withdraw your arm from his grasp. He frowns.

     "Are you okay?" He asks worriedly.

     "Fine." You breathe, walking again. What is happening? Your heart is racing within your chest and you're flustered.

      "Y/N, what's wrong?" Tommy asks, walking quickly to catch up with you.

       "I-I-I don't know. I just want to be alone right now, Tommy. Please." You whisper, looking at him miserably.

     He lightly touches your shoulders and you actually shudder. "Have I done something to upset you?" He asks with concern. His eyes search yours. 

     "No, no, you haven't done anything to upset me. I just-I just need to work through my thoughts right now, okay?" You say hoarsely.

     He nods. "Okay, that's fine. That's okay."

      "Thank you." You smile gratefully. He squeezes your shoulders and then walks off in the opposite direction. You watch him until he disappears into the crowd. You wrap your arms around yourself and shiver before continuing on with your walk.

———

      As Tommy opens his door, his younger brother Finn runs straight into him. Tommy grabs his brother by the shoulders. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, where's the fire?"

     "Fifth Avenue. There was a massive shootout from multiple gangs and mafia. Gang members and civilians both shot. From the early reports, there are many dead." Finn replies.