seven.

❝  we're not dating, asshat!  ❞ 

mike locked his bike up in the bike rack, leaning on the metal piece as he waited for elle to join him and the rest of his friends

mike locked his bike up in the bike rack, leaning on the metal piece as he waited for elle to join him and the rest of his friends. he tapped his foot, checking his watch every few seconds. he worried, really worried, for her safety. loud sobs came from the grey house, and it took everything in his power not to go over there and beat elle's father to pulp. but he told her that he wouldn't, and he had to stay true to his word.

"chill out mike, she'll be here eventually." dustin told the tall boy, stretching his arms out and yawning. he was sitting on the ground, leafing through a book on video games with max reading over his shoulder. mike just shook his head and kept watching the kids get out of their cars.

finally, after what seemed like forever, elle jumped out of her dad's car and walked over to mike and his friends. they boys waved awkwardly as they waited for elle's dad to drive away.

"ellie..." mike sighed, wrapping her in his arms. he noticed she was sporting a fat lip and a black eye that looked to be semi-covered with makeup. "what happened darling?"

"i came home late." she whispered, looking down at her feet. max walked up to the couple and tapped on the small girl's shoulder. the smaller girl broke from mike's hug, holding onto his mike's hand tightly.

"hey, i know i introduced myself yesterday, but i'm max." she smiled, then began rummaging through her bag. the redhead pulled out a small pouch. "i have some foundation and concealer, it's not gonna be your shade, but it'll do something." 

"y-yeah, thank you." elle smiled, then glanced at mike. "i'll see you at lunch." she squeezed mike's hand and began walking next to max. the two struck up a conversation on ALF, heading to the school and to the bathroom.

"i think our girlfriends just left us for each other." lucas laughed, grabbing his backpack off the ground and slinging it onto his shoulders.

"yeah i gu-wait no! we're not dating, asshat!" mike yelled. lucas began laughing harder, running into the school with mike on his tail, who was screaming cusses at him. the other two boys walked after them, questioning why mike hasn't asked elle out yet.

~~~

finally, saturday arrived in the small town of hawkins, and all the teenagers were pumped. elle's dad said that she could sleep over at max's, as long as she was home by one the next day. the teens were hanging out at mike's house, to hang out before the party.

"lucas, come here and help me!" max screeched from the bathroom to the other room in the basement where the boys were playing on the atari. lucas sighed, standing up and walking to the bathroom. max and elle were sitting on the sink counter, max doing elle's makeup.

"hey, what do you need?" lucas asked, kissing max's cheek. she rolled her eyes and motioned to elle.

"you're a guy, does she look good?" max asked, putting the finishing touches on the girl across form her's makeup.

"she looks pretty," mike piped up, leaning on the door. the three other teens glanced at him, lucas and max's eyes open wide. "pretty good." he coughed, rolling his eyes and walking back to dustin and will.

"yes, you look very pretty." lucas smiled at elle, kissing max's head once more. "and you look hot to, madmax." he went back to the other boys and slapped mike on the back of his head. "you a stupid fucking bitch!" he groaned, picking up his controller.

"oh fuck! why did you do that?! that hurt!" mike groaned, putting a hand on the back of his head.

"she looks hot, you could of told her that!" he shook his head, beginning the game again.

after a little bit, the two girls left the basement and jumped on the couch, watching the four boys play whatever game they were playing. max was wearing mom jeans, an off-the-shoulder white top, and her hair was in a high ponytail. elle was wearing a black mini-skirt, a turtleneck, and her hair had loose waves in it.

"we're ready, let's go!" max cheered, pulling her boyfriend up to his feet and giving him a kiss on the nose. he rolled his eyes and threw her over his shoulder. elle smiled and stood up, watching the group stomp up the stairs. 

"and elle? you look beautiful." mike told her, grasping her hand and walking up the stairs and into dustin's old car. will called shotgun, so the other four had to squish into the back seat, max sitting on her boyfriend's lap.

"let's get crackalackin'!" dustin cheered, pulling out of the wheeler driveway.

"dude, never say that ever again." will scowled, turning the radio up to full volume. the group began singing along to whatever over-played song was on the channel, with the exception of elle who just leaned her head on mike's shoulder, listening to her now-friends sing while giggling.