Chapter 1, Last day of summer.

Responsibility, from childhood on all Daniel cared about was his responsibility. Taking over his father's company was his responsibility, and Daniel knew that. That's why he always did his best to succeed at what was needed to become the company's next president. He learnt from young age onwards what would give him the most profit and what didn't.

This both made his parents proud and concerned. Given how much time Daniel spent on preparing for their company, he thought he needn't spend time socializing with his childhood "friends."

But as time went on Daniel grew up and became a fine young man with black hair and deep brown eyes, his parents thought it was time for him to start searching for a partner, a girlfriend. They asked him to come to their office to talk about their future plans for their son.

"Son, I am proud that you have been working hard for our company, you have put your all into it. But with school starting again tomorrow, we want you to focus on that for the time being."

"Father, are you sure you don't require my assistance with the company? I can take care of the business on school, I will make sure there will be no hindrances, like usual."

"Sweetheart, that is something we have been talking about with your father as well lately. We want you to socialize with your fellow classmates. Creating bonds with them."

Daniel was taken aback by his mother's response, all his life he hasn't socialized with his classmates and they never said anything about it. What made it different for them this time?

"Mother, what makes it different this time now that you want me to socialize with my fellow classmates? Have I... Not been performing well enough on my own?"

"Absolutely not dear, it is just that... You have been performing wonderfully on all the needs for a company's president. But just like your father, you will need a partner to share it with."

Daniel started to understand what they meant, they want him to get a girlfriend and have him and his future wife take over their company.

"Alright father, mother. I will take full responsibility. If I may, I shall take my leave now."

The sun was going down and the day was ending. As Daniel and his parents were leaving, he was thinking about how his future wife would be like. But this made him question something.

Himself.