Fast food? (part 2)

" hey language... and yes... he was in cult but he's made a lot of progress!! He's actually a really nice guy. Please just give him a chance."

The car ride was silent until they got back to camp. It sent shivers down their spines at the empty site. Max felt he should speck.

"Please, don't apologize." david whispered, "just stay here."

Max did as he was told and watched cold faced david pack stuff into the boot. It slightly scared max to see david so emotionless. It scared david to feel so emotionless...

David looked around his now empty counselor cabin picking up the last item. It was a folded up piece of paper. David didn't open it, he didn't need to. He got to the car and tucked it into a little rip in boot lining before sighing and driving away from the place without another word.

It was what felt like a century to max before anyone spoke again.

"Daniel will be happy to see you"

"grate..." max received a shigh in reply, "So where does the dipshit live? Jonestown, or a Solar Temple?" david frowned at max's jokes and took a while to answer.

"The hospital... Let's get breakfast first!" david smiled swerving into a McDonald's drive through, "what do you want camper...i mean... kiddo?"

"Don't call me that."

"Buddy!"

"Fuck no"

"C..."

"I have a fucking name."

"Language... now max... what would you like from Macy Ds?"

"I don't know" max brought his knees up to his chin avoiding david gaze, he didn't want him to see the tears.

"Whats up?" there was a mumble reply, "max? It's ok you can tell me." david reached out to comfort max but max instinctively pulled away out of his reach.

"I've never been to a mcdonald's..." he whispered, "my parents said i wasn't allowed. Mum said i didn't deserve it, Dad said..." max's words became muffled tears. David pulled away from the drive through and into a parking space. He got out the car and opened max's door bending down to his height.

"Come on, ill help you pick." max wiped his eyes on his jumper before reluctantly getting out the car, "the apple pies are the best but i think they might be nuclear..."

"You're fucking ridiculous"

"So what do you want?" david motioned to a sign that max read intently. David noticed max's smile grow as he asked the check out sever for a nugget happy meal with extra nuggets before leaving to sit at a table. David soon went over to him with a tray piled up with boxes.

"What the hell did you order?"

"I got you extra nuggets," David said placing box after box of nuggets in front of max who look in a confused disbelief.

"Your an idiot" max started eagerly unboxing his happy meal. David ate his meal and when he was finished he was shocked to see that max was happily finishing the last box of nuggets with a big grin. Once he had finished the last nugget he flopped down, "that was fucking delicious!"

david held up a empty wrap packet with a "Well i'd call that a wrap." as he tidied up the rubbish binning it and returning to a dead max. "Time to go."

"I can't I'm dead" max flopped his arms down more.

"Can you be dead in the car, please?"

"I guess..." max sighed walking like a zombie all the way to the car and flopping on the back seat. David got into the car driving it to the drive though. "Ugh... I can't eat anymore what are you doing."