Chapter 2: Where are we?

Kara and I start walking home, realizing how hot it is outside. It's the beginning of July and the weather is crazy. It's about 98 degrees and it's hard for us to keep going. We decide to stop on the sidewalk and take a short break. I grab two waters from my bag and offer one to Kara. " Thank you. I really needed water" Kara said clearly overheating. I take a drink of my water and next thing you know, the water is gone. "Fuck. I'm still thirsty" I say. "Hopefully we can just make it through the walk and be ok without water" Kara said even though she knew it wasn't true.
We decide to continue walking. We won't get home if we don't start now. As were walking on the sidewalk, we hear someone beep behind us. We turn around and my old coworker Joe Gagnon is in his car stopped at the side of the road. "You guys need a ride home?" he said. I was surprised he had asked. He was being nice which I wasn't used to. "Actually that would be great!" I exclaimed. We hop in Joe's car, and he starts driving. We were both thankful.
As he starts driving, he passes our houses and starts heading somewhere else. "Hey Joe where are we going?" Joe looked at me without turning his head and goes "Oh you'll see". I was kind of nervous because he wasn't taking us home, and I was convinced he was kidnapping us. I knew it wasn't true. Joe would never do that. He pulls into a driveway and shuts his car off. "Where are we?" Kara asked. "We're gonna have a little fun." Joe said.