Treat you better: Will

Ok so this is my first imagine. Haha its probably gonna suck but whatever. Its loosely based on the song Treat You Better, by Shawn Mendes.

You, Will and Mike have been best friends since forever. You had a crush on Mike (and Will knew) but when Eleven came around, he didn't seem to care about you anymore. You still liked him but you knew he would never look at you how he looks at her. You decided to confront him about his ignoring you even after El went Black Sandman on everybody.

You knocked on Mike's door, waiting for someone to answer. Nancy opened it, and her eyes softened when she saw you, happy to have someone familiar here after all the police and strangers that had come by.

"Hey, Y/N! Mike's in the basement. The boys are here too (A/n: Will isn't out of the hospital yet) . How've you been?" You half-smiled at Nancy, shrugging "okay, I guess. You know how it is with Mike-" "with Mike what?" You heard a third voice come from the basement door..Mike.

"O-Oh, nothing." You stuttered. "Why are you here anyways y/n I don't remember inviting you." At this you grew angry "yeah well before Eleven showed up I didn't even need an invitation now you're inviting everyone but me! You think I don't see the way you look at her? You never realised or even considered that maybe I felt hurt that you're leaving me out of everything? I used to be your mage. Why did you just stop caring?" And you run out of his house, angry and slightly broken.

I shouldn't have said that, I screwed up, what do I do now? Ran through your head over and over. You finally reached your house and sprinted straight into your room, not bothering to speak a word to your parents.

~One day later~

I started thinking about my crush on Mike and I realised that I wasn't really jealous of El, but I just hated the fact I was hardly spending time with my best friend anymore. I wonder what Will would say when I tell him my theory. I hope Will's okay in the hospital, if he's even a little bit hurt I'm gonna beat someone up. They better not have touched his beautiful face or hair or eyes- what am I thinking? I don't like Will, right?

Oh no.

~One week later~

Will was getting out of the hospital today. Even if you fought with Mike, you still needed to see Will, so you had rushed to the hospital, waking up early out of excitement. You sat at the waiting room impatiently, whispering to Dustin every few seconds. Everyone could feel the anticipation in the air. Eventually a doctor came out saying "He's awake" and everyone jumped up and ran into his room, telling him stories about what happened. Once everyone left, you were still there, and you sat in silence with Will before he spoke.

"What happened between you and Mike?"

"Wh-Whaaat? What do you mean?"

"Don't try to lie to me y/n, I saw the whole dynamic between you two today. He kept glancing at you seeming sad.... And you were blatantly ignoring his presence. Then when they started talking about Eleven, it was like you completely dropped out of the conversation."

"Fine. Mike is in love with El. El seems to like him back. I just feel so left out because he doesn't even care about me anymore. Not even as a friend. I don't even think I like him anymore, but I just want to be friends, and ever since you d-disappeared he's just leaving me out of everything. The last time we saw each other it had been a couple days since El sacrificed herself to kill the Demogorgon, and everyone had gone over to his house to talk to him..But I didn't know about it. I had decided on going to his house too that day and when I come in, I find out that everybody's already there..Except me. I just shouted at him and broke down, I guess. I don't know what to do, Will!"

"Shh.. y/n it's fine. Don't worry about anything. I'll get him to talk to you again. But.. if you don't like him anymore... Then who do you like?"

"I don't know, Will. I just don't wanna get hurt again. Who would love a mess like me anyways?"

He mutters under his breath, "I would," thinking you didn't hear him. You stared at him for a second, then hugged him "Will, are you serious?"

"You're not weirded out? I thought you liked Mike?"

"Well, I kinda used to, but over the past week I'd been thinking, and I just kind of realized that it was just a crush, while you... I couldn't stop thinking about you no matter what happened, and while you were gone, I was more depressed than anyone, and... I really, really like you, Will. If you want to go for it?"

"I- I mean if you want to, yeah. I really do like you, y/n, and I wanna see where this might go... If you want it too?"

"Yeah, uh- I wanna see how it goes too.."

He leaned his forehead against yours, looking at your lips, "c-can I kiss you?" You smiled and nodded as he rested his lips on yours gently for a few seconds.

This was the beginning of something beautiful, and the next day when the two of you showed at Mike's house hand in hand, and Mike hugged the two of you, you knew everything would be okay.