the girl in the mirror

Jennie's pov
"I hope you get her dear Nini."
"Huh? her? who's her Gramma?" I asked.
"Her!"
"Haha. I don't know what you are talking about Gramma. Anyway, will you really be okay if I go?"
"Oh yes! I am okay! Don't worry. Gramma is healthy okay? I want my Nini to be healthy too!"
"I am healthy?"
"Healthy heart? Can we sleep together tonight? I'll miss my Nini."
"Of course Gramma."

I took the flight early morning the next day. I went straight to our house in Seoul.
"Where's Dad and Mom?" I asked the housekeepers.
"They went out Miss Jennie."
"Oh okay." I went to my room and slept.

I woke up coz I heard noises around me. It was Mom and Dad.
"Hey?"
"Hey baby! I have missed you!!" Mom hugged me.
"I missed you too Mom."
"So you are just going to sleep here? How about enjoy Seoul?"
"I am jetlagged Dad."
"I see. Anyway, honey.. Show her what she'll wear this weekend."
"Jennie, I think white will really suit you. I have ordered this while I was in Paris last week." Mom showed me a picture of a white dress with a mask.
"This is so nice Mom! But why does it comes with a mask?"
"Oh i forgot to tell you, its a Masquerade Ball that we are going to attend."
"Really? Sounds nice."
"It is! Anyway, me and your Dad will be busy tomorrow. Call your friends and hangout tomorrow!"
"I don't have friends."
"Aigoo. You've been so busy with Gramma and the hotel. I am sorry dear."
"No Dad. I can take care of myself okay? I'll go to the hair and nail salon tomorrow and buy some stuff okay? Don't worry."
"I'll have the bodyguards accompany you okay?"
"Seriously Dad? I'm not someone who need to be guarded. I can take care of myself okay? I'll bring a car with me. Don't worry. I still know Seoul. I guess."
"Well call us if you need something okay?"
"Sure Dad."

I slept the whole night. Morning came. After getting my nails and hair done, I am craving for an authentic Korean food!

I was driving around Seoul and a restaurant caught my attention. It says, "Eating alone? Not a problem. We'll find you a company here."

I immediately parked my car and went straight in.
"Table for one? Of course you are alone! Just kidding! Come here Miss Beautiful!" The waiter said. Ugh. Do he have to slap it on my face I am alone?

He showed me to a table that has a mirror infront of me.

"Couples usually fight on what they should eat or where they should eat. Right? But, being alone makes you decide what and where to eat. Isn't it amazing? But here, we will help you decide what to eat. So, we will surprise you with the food that we will serve. Okay? Will be ready for 5 minutes!" The waiter said and I was speechless. i just nodded at him and yeah, I'll just eat whatever he will serve.

I looked at the mirror. Shocks. I didn't realize I am totally wrapped. It is a cold morning. I am wearing a mask, a big scarf is wrapped around my neck and a cap. I was slowly unwrapping my scarf but then the reflection of me in the mirror was slowly fading in and I saw a familiar face. A familiar figure in frone of me, on the other side of the square table. Black haired girl with a heart-shaped red lips. She was wearing a thick black specs and a maroon bonnet.

And there I found my heart pounding so hard. Like its trying to spell her name in my brain and in my heart. Kim Jisoo? What is she doing here? She doesnt seem to see me. Her eyes were just roaming around.

The waiter arrived. "Oh! Sorry. I haven't asked your permission to turn on the mirror. Sorry." The waiter said.

"Can she see me?" I asked.
"Uhm, she usually doesn't want to see the person she is eating with. She's a regular customer here. We usually ask permission before we turn the mirror on, I guess we accidentally turned it on. Should we turn it off?"
"Uhm. It's okay. I guess. Just leave it like that as long as she can't see and hear me."
"Okay. She cant see or hear you. Don't worry. Please enjoy your food."

I was just staring at her as she slurps the ramyun that she was eating. She was just staring blankly at the mirror and the mandu infront of her. She is still so pretty. Her skin is glowing. Her hair is shorter now. But what I noticed is her eyes, her eyes are just so sad. I wanted to go near her and hug her. I've missed her so much.

But I am not ready to face her yet. What should I tell her? And why is she here? I was eating my food while she was eating hers. After eating, she was just sitting there sipping her juice.

I grabbed my phone and try to take a photo of her. My phone flashed. I was trying to take a photo again but then the waiter called me out.

"Miss! The flash will make the other person see you on the other side!" I widened my eye and looked at her. She looked shock and mouthed "Jendeuk?". What if she saw me?! I immediately paid the bill and walked out.

I went to my car and waited there. Trying to check if she went out. And she did. The restaurant has 2 entrance. I saw her getting in at the entrance door where i went in. Then after a few minutes she went out looking around the place. Did she saw me?