Chapter 2: Bin Ranjai Ek Heer

Start from the beginning

"Whatever had happened to her was terrible

"Whatever had happened to her was terrible." Dr. Kabir begin. "While doing her operation I noticed several bruises all over her body." Abhay turned toward Kabir then looked at Piya. Kabir walked over to Piya and pointed at her legs and feet. There were burned marks and cuts all over.

"What happened?" Abhay looked at her arm where a huge burn mark was. It was very recent. It looked like an Iron was placed there. Abhay flinched as if it wasn't Piya that was hurt but him.

"I don't know Abhay, but whatever it was, she suffered a lot. I will ask a female doctor to give her a physical when she recovers." Dr. Kabir said. "But for now only Piya can tell the truth.

"Piya, what happened to you?" Abhay cried. Piya's eyes remained closed. Kabir placed a hand on Abhay's shoulder.

"I know you still love her Abhay, I remember everything as if it was yesterday." Dr. Kabir looked at Abhay as a tear drop left her eyes.

*****Flashback Starts*****

Two Years Ago In Banaras:

"Piya Mukerji You better have your project this time." An older woman said in front of many students in the class. Piya stood up scratching her head. She had forgot to do the assignment. Right then Abhay who was seating on the bench near her got up.

"Mama, Piya's homework is here

"Mama, Piya's homework is here." Abhay walked up to the professor and handed the assignment. Piya smiled she knew he would always protect her.

"Hmm, and why do you have her assignment, Mr. Abhay Yadav." The professor asked.

"She had asked me to print it out in the library. I forgot to give it back to her." Abhay answered.

"What about your assignment Mr. Yadav?" the professor asked. As on que Abhay handed her another assignment. He turned around and walked back to his desk ,not before winking at Piya. Piya smiled, her best friend always had her back. After the class ended Abhay packed his bag and was heading toward the canteen. Piya Ran up to him.

"Wow Abhay, manlia tuje. Aj toh hamari friendship ka man raklia." Piya said as she placed her hand on Abhay's shoulder. (Wow, Abhay, I am impressed. You proved our friendship today.)