Chapter 1: Who is She?

Start from the beginning

"We don't have time to wait for police she needs medical attention now." Dr. Abhay said as he held the lady's hand. For some reason, he felt her touch to be familiar. Two male nurses came with a stretcher and bent down trying to pick the woman that was laying on the floor. As they touched her body she let out a cry in pain. Dr. Abhay held out his hand to stop them. He gently began to turn the woman over to face him. As he removed her wet hair from her face. Dr. Abhay let out a gasp and a name escaped his lips. "Piya."

As soon as the name escaped his lips the woman opened her eyes and looked at Abhay. She held on to him and whispered "Save my child...please." She let go of Abhay and fell back. A nurse caught her before she could fall.

"Piya! Piya!" Abhay tried to make her open her eyes again, but she was out cold. The nurse noticed she was bleeding out heavily.

"Dr. Abhay, she is bleeding." The nurse said. Abhay picked Piya up and laid her on the stretcher. His hand was still wrapped around her hand. He never believed he would see her again, not in this state.

"Get the operation theater ready. She needs surgery fast." Dr. Abhay ordered the nurses around him. He began to head to the operation theater with Piya. As he rushed toward the OT an image of them in the past flashed in his eyes.

Abhay was about to head inside the OT. However, at that very moment someone placed a hand on his shoulder. Dr. Abhay turned around to face another doctor.

"Dr. Abhay, you are being too emotional right now. You are not a surgeon." The other male doctor said to Abhay.

"Dr. Kabir, please Piya...she needs my help." Dr. Abhay said to the other doctor. Dr. Kabir folded his hand and shook his head. He hadn't expected such a day to come. He looked at Abhay's hand on Piya's hand. As the stretcher passed him their hands slipped away. He can't lose her. Not again.

 Not again

"Dr. Abhay. Let me do my job." Dr. Kabir walked over to the receptionist desk and grabbed a clipboard. "Dr. Abhay you are in charge of her so you fill out the papers and let me take her to the operation theater." Dr. Kabir handed Abhay the clipboard and headed inside the OT with nurses and a few doctors.

 Kabir handed Abhay the clipboard and headed inside the OT with nurses and a few doctors