Run While You Still Can (3)

Start from the beginning

Your phone vibrated, ringing throughout the room. You sighed and grabbed it, looking at the ID. Your eyebrows furrowed in worry as Tony Stark's name lit up on your screen, along with a picture of him making a funny face. You put the phone to your ear, "Hello?" You asked hesitantly.

"Blaze, I need you." He said urgently. "There's another. . . thing here and I need your help. It's an alien or something, I'm not too sure. Suit up, kid." With that, he hung up.

You got up and went over to your closet. You slowly opened it to reveal your black skintight suit, along with your mask. You stared at it for a moment, then decided to grab it.

In no time you were busting into Stark Tower, your costume hugging your form and pain killers sinking in. You opened the door and looked around.

The house was a complete mess. There were papers scattered everywhere, the television shattered, and the couch cushions were thrown around. You walked in and snapped, lighting your hands on fire.

"Tony?" You called while making your way through the rubble. "You here?" "Kid, look out!" You threw yourself to the ground as something soared over your head. You looked up and saw a purple looking thing, almost like an alien, but with wings.

You scrambled back and looked at the creature just in time to see Tony Stark in his iron man suit soaring through the air, slamming directly into it. He dragged it a good distance, but then it slammed its feet into the ground, making it stop and then grabbed Tony, hurled him across the room. He crashed through a glass window and fell.

You looked back to see the creature right next to you, staring down at you. It had repulsive purple eyes, and you met with them. The creature tried to grab you, but you kicked out and hit it, making it stumble back a few feet.

You snapped your fingers and balls of fire swirled in your palms. You hurled bits of fire at the creature, but it flew around the room, dodging nearly all of them. You stopped and stretched your arms out, forming a glowing rod. You took it out of one hand and raised it.

The creature soared down at you, and you whacked it in the face with the rod. Your side ached from the activity, but you forced your mind to not think about it.

You swung again with your rod, but the creature grabbed it. You two both held an end of it, then you looked down to its hand. The fire wasn't affecting it at all.

The creature shrieked and pushed the rod forward. You rebuttal it back, but the thing was much stronger than you. It screamed out again and pushed down much harder, and the rod slipped out of your hands. The end of it landed on your bullet wound, and you cried out, crumbling to the floor, on your knees. The creature threw your rod out of the broken window and picked you up, hurling you across the room.

Meanwhile, Tony flew down from out the window and to the cement, his suit not working. The creature had stuck its finger in it and now screwed the whole thing up, and he was falling to his death. Suddenly, he was soaring sideways.

Peter put him down on a nearby building and Tony took his mask off. "What's happening, Mr. Stark?" The young boy asked, standing up. "There's an alien looking thing in the tower. I—"

Tony stopped talking when he saw something being thrown out the window that he was just thrown out of moments prior. It was a glowing orange stick. Peter saw what Tony saw, and whipped a web out and at it. The web wrapped around the stick and he yanked it forward, praying that his webs wouldn't disintegrate from the heat.

He put the object on the floor in front of them and stared at it. He remembered how you created that rod to kick his ass the first day you guys met as superheroes. He looked up and to Tony.

"You called her!"  He yelled, not really asking it as a question but more as a demand. Tony said, "Who else could I call? You're constantly out patrolling and never answer, she answered."

"She's been shot, Mr. Stark!" Peter seethed between his teeth, feeling an overwhelming feeling of wanting to protect you. "She can barely even walk and hold her books! She can't fight!"

"And why do you care?" Tony instantly retorted, staring into the boy's mask. "You left her when she needed you most. So, why do you care if I call her? You broke her heart, kid."

Peter was absolutely speechless, even as Tony got his suit started back and up and soared away, back to Stark Tower.

Meanwhile, you were on a good roll with getting the creature weak. You kept shooting tiny balls of fire at it and created rods, defending yourself easily. You swung with your rod and hit the creature, and it fell to its knees. You kicked out, your foot colliding with the creature.

You twiddled your fingers together to create a fireball. As you prayed in your head for this to work and hit it, you launched it forward. The fireball soared across the room, hitting the creature directly in the face. It stumbled back and to the broken window, falling backward and out it. It screeched as it fell to its death.

Right when it landed, Tony flew into the room through the window. His mask came up as he stared at you worriedly. "You alright, kid?" He asked. You nodded faintly and leaned against the wall, breathing heavily. "Just-Just gimme a minute." You heaved, clutching your side.

As Tony made his way to you, someone swung in through the broken window. Peter landed gracefully and saw you. He ran past Tony and caught you as you collapsed to the floor from exhaustion.

Peter lowered the two of you to the ground and held up the upper half of your body. You leaned heavily against his chest, half awake.

"It's okay, I'm here." He whispered into your ear while holding you. "It's okay, it's okay." He held you for a solid five minutes before you came to. You blinked awake and lifted your head. Peter looked down at you and smiled. "You're alright." He whispered, and you nodded faintly.

"I'm so sorry, (Y/N). I made a stupid, stupid, stupid mistake in leaving you. I just thought that I was doing the right thing by breaking up with you, but we're both miserable and it was the worst mistake of my life. Please, please forgive me."

You looked into his eyes and just said, "Wow, I can't believe Ned was right." He smiled nervously, not knowing if that's a good thing. You laughed. "I'll always forgive you, Pete. But please, don't do that again." He laughed slightly. "I promise."

A/N: Burning House - Cam