Just before the bells

1864, 14 July

Anna was standing in the far left corner room of the mansion. She was twirling a lock of her golden hair around. She was nervous, she was afraid but she was also quite excited. She watched as more and more people arrived, friends of her parents, friends of her aunts and friends of the groom. She did have a few friends there too but the majority of the people were well, not chosen by her to attend the wedding. Her eyes scanned the faces and she found her aunt. She were right at the entrance of the mansion, probably on her was up to the wife-to-be, to lead her down the stairs, down the aisle and to her new life. She didn't see Aleksej Aleksandrovitjs so she presumed he was still geting ready too. Anna still had a few things to du with her hair or rather her sister-in-law had but Dolly had to attend to the children for a few minutes so Anna was alone. Which was good, she needed some time to herself. She let her mind wander away and soon her mind were on her future husband Aleksej Aleksandrovitj. What she has heard about him is that he is a very nice, very right and very proud. How was she supposed to handel that? Of course it's good that he is nice and seem to be a man who cares but the right and proud parts? How much is it? Of course she thinks it's good that he want to be right, but at what cost? Does he do everything in his power to be right or can he compromise? Well, she would soon see. The same with proud, she adores people who are proud of who they are and their family and where they come from but proud can also mean that he thinks of himself as better than everybody else and she can't marry that. But how can a man be both nice and proud? It had to do with the amount of nice versus proud. Anna sigh and watched as everyone took their seats, her aunt was out of sight so she must be on her way up. Dolly wasn't here yet, Anna had begun to worry a small bit, she wasn't ready to go down yet.

 Dolly wasn't here yet, Anna had begun to worry a small bit, she wasn't ready to go down yet

- Anna?

Anna twirled around and saw her aunt. The old lady was dressed in lavender from head to toe. Anna couldn't hela but to smile a bit, her aunt was a sweet old lady, much order than Annas mother. Annas grandparents had been done with children after her uncle was born, mostly because her grandmother almost died giving birth to him but fifteen years later Annas mother was born. Her grandparents said that their little Catherine was a miracle because they've always wanted more children but they were to afraid after uncle Thomas birth that they stopped and were very careful after that. Anna sigh again, apparently bad birth go in the family. Her mother had died giving birth to her and her rather had blamed Anna from the moment she was born. He had died just a year after Annas mother, deep in whisky and greif. Anna and her older brother Stiva moved in with their aunt shortly after their fathers funeral. She was a gentle woman and had taken fantastic care of them but now it was time for the younger sibling of the Oblonsky house to take her step into someone elses care.

- Anna?

Anna blinked and looked at her aunt again, forgot that she has been standing there.

- Hello, dreamer?

- Sorry aunt Catrina, said Anna.

- Oh no worries darling, I would imagine you are a bit distracted today.

Anna nodded and smiled at her aunt. The young woman saw the tears in the older womans eyes and she smiled a little wider.

- My beautiful little Anna, said the woman.

Slowly she made her way to her niece and streached out an hand to touch the young ones cheek.

- My little darling.

Then the door swung open again and the moment was broken.