Escape

Y/N's POV

Running, thoughts flooding threw my head. I did it, I actually made it out of that horrible HORRIBLE place. If I can just keep running for a little longer I could be safe, all this pain could be over, I could see sister.
"I think she went this way!" One of the bad men say
I start breathing harder in fear that the bad men will hear me gasping for air and take me back. Back to home. I hate home, I won't let them take me back, I will NEVER go back. I close my eyes and turn my self invisible. That's why papa kept me there for the things I can do.
"Dr. Brenner said start to send into the town. The girl likes bright lights." Of course papa doesn't look for me himself. He doesn't love me, he never loved me. Sister is right. Ever since sister left people thought papa died. He really went into hiding, hasn't left home in almost 3 years. I didn't know there was more than just home until I was 6. I've dreamt to get out ever since, when I was 10 I figured out how to. Papa figured out that I knew how to leave using my abilities, ones he didn't know I had. He kept me in larger restraints, bigger doors, and even more horrifying consequences. I was lonely till sister got out, she became stronger and would talk me threw the fear. Until recently she told me I needed to leave and find her, I would be safe.
Safe.
I didn't know what it meant but it felt warm and happy and when sister said what "safe" was I knew I had to get it. I knew I had to be SAFE.

I watched more and more vans and bad men leave, so I ran in the other direction deeper into the woods. It was not SAFE. I stopped running once I noticed the loud sounds of the vans and bad men left, I just walked calmly in the woods. All the sudden I ran into something and felt a sharp pain in my foot, I realized I ran into a wood structure. I walked around the front of it to see that it was a small home. It didn't have a door, it had a simple sheet hanging in front of it. I looked just above the sheet to see the words CASTLE BYERS. Castle Byers, Castle Byers! Why did that name sound so famil-
WAIT! That's it! When papa sent me into the place that sister calls the upside down but papa and I call it the shadows, when the monsters were chasing me I ran into a CASTLE BYERS! Even in the shadows which were the coldest, darkest, most emptiness place, CASTLE BYERS always felt somewhat safe. I walked in feeling even more safe in the real world's CASTLE BYERS  then in the shadow's version. I sit down on the cushions wiping blood from my nose and the back of my ear caused by hiding from the bad men. I lay my head on the pillow, close my eyes, and immediately fall asleep.

Will's POV
I wake up early on this brand new Saturday morning. I grab some cloths and change out of my pjs. I showered last night in hope of giving me more time to draw this morning at CASTLE BYERS. I walk into my kitchen to see my mom cooking breakfast for Jonathan and I.
"What's for breakfast mom?" I ask as she gives me a confused look to why I'm up so early.
"Pancakes, why is Will the Wise in such a rush?" My mother asked while flipping a perfectly circular pancake.
"I want to head out to CASTLE BYERS for a while so I could do some sketching!" I say excitedly while mom seemed to be finishing make a pancake.
"Okay, just don't stay to long out there remember that Jane and Hopper are coming over for a while." My mom said while slapping on tons of syrupy on two freshly cooked pancakes.
I didn't mind Hopper or Jane at all, Hopper came over and helped a lot after Bob died becoming some sort of father figure for me to look up to even before he started dating my mom. One of my favorite things about Hopper is that he try's to do things I enjoy doing, even though he might hate doing some of them. He doesn't force me into liking things that don't appeal to me. And Jane is so cool to hangout with she's so cool, but when her and Mike hangout she seems to let some of her edger side down. Like some how Mike will be able to save her from all the bad things. Some times I call Jane, El but not that often because I wasn't really apart of her life when she was Eleven. I'm one of the only members of our party that calls Eleven, Jane because well Max does but I don't think Jane likes Max. Especially when ever Mike and Max are talking to each other, I sometimes tease her about liking Mike but most of the time I don't because
A. She scares me when's she's mad
B. If she's in a good mood she'll turn to me and say "you'll understand when your older Willy!" And gives me this fake toothy smile. I hate it when people call me Willy, and I hate it when she acts like she's WAY older then me like ya there's a gap between me and the rest of the party but it's not even a year!
My mom smiles when I tell her these things and says it's just sibling stuff, which kinda makes me happy because it makes me think if my mom and Hopper got married. I would have a dad who could help me with guy stuff better than Jonathan who's seems to be setting me up to fail, and Jane would be my sister and she's one of the only people who really understand what I went threw in the upside down. Ya sure my mom and Hopper were there too, but they didn't have that feeling of being alone, not knowing where anyone or anything is, not knowing if your going to survive, the feeling of being alone. Sure I was in there longer but that was just by luck or bad luck, I don't know.
I finish eating my pancakes as fast as I can, run to my room and grab my sketch book, a jacket, and my Supercom. And just like that I plant out the door and run to CASTLE BYERS excited to see what I will find inspiring today. I almost pull back the sheet I use as a door, when I stop myself after hearing some calm yet some what shaky breathing. I place myself for the idea it could be anything it seems each year life keeps getting Stranger. But I hope this time it doesn't come with the pain.

My first chapter yay!!! Hope you enjoy I'll write more later!!!
Word count: 1197