Chapter 3

"I'm an still waiting on my hot bath." Kristen smirked at Rob through the video camera. She was lying on the floor with a bag of chips and some soda while Rob prepped for his photo-shoot.

"Don't worry, you'll get it soon enough."

Kristen looked at the glowing diamond on her finger and smiled. The diamond wasn't necessarily big or fancy, it the love that went behind it. The love that Kristen could imagine Rob putting into choosing the perfect ring.

"How come the ring gets more attention than I do?" Rob joked and Kristen turned back to the computer screen. Rob was shirtless and waiting for his clothing.

The sight made Kristen's breath catch in her throat. She began to cough violently and Rob smiled and then laughed.

"Forget how sexy your boyfriend is dear?"

Kristen held up her middle finger and that made Rob laughed harder.

"You're not even going to make sure I'm okay?"

"Are you okay love?"

"I'm fine, no thanks to you."

"I have to go love, but I'll call you when I finish up here. I should be on a plane tomorrow morning."

"Alright babe, love you."

"I love you too dear, goodbye."

The camera shut off and Kristen felt an uneasy loneliness. Usually the house was vibrant with life and people and now it just seemed dead. Everyone was doing their own thing and filming their own movies, even Kristen had a few movies she was trying to wrap up.

Everyone just seemed so busy these days and it was just strange to Kristen.

With nothing better to do, Kristen picked up her phone and dialed her parent's number. Hopefully her mother was home, she could use another woman to talk to.

"Hello?" Came the abrupt answer, ending Kristen's thoughts.

"Cam, is mom home?"

"Well, well, well, look who finally calls."

Kristen rolled her eyes and forced a hello to her brother. Living with three brothers was annoying, but fun at times.

"Is mom home?"

"Nope, she went out. She should be back later, but all your darling brothers are here, don't we get a hello?"

"Hello. Goodbye."

"I've been meaning to talk to you about something."

"What is it Cam?"

"You and this Pattinson kid?"

"Robert?"

"Yeah, him. We just need some information to make sure he's right for our sister."

"Like what Cameron?"

"Oh you know, the usual. Social Security number, bank number, address, mother's maiden name, hobbies, sports, things of that nature."

"Goodbye Cameron."

Kristen hung up the phone and laughed at her brothers' antics. They were crazy, but it made her happy to see how much they cared.