5.

corine wanted to stay at home that day, but when matthew texted asking to go get dinner she immediately changed her mind.

they had been talking for a couple of months and it was hard to believe it all started over a cigarette.

they weren't official but she could tell matthew had feelings, which she didn't mind.

she was still hesitant about him but he had done nothing but prove to her he was a gentleman.

she put on her red dress, such a cliche for such a non cliche woman.

her hair had grown to frame around her round face and was quite annoying, so she pinned it back.

strapping her black heels she was ready, she grabbed her phone and cigarettes and walked out of her apartment.

she sat on the bench by her house and lit up a cigarette.

of course, who would she be if she didn't light up a cigarette.

matthew was always nervous going on dates with corine, wanting nothing more to impress her.

he saw her petite body suited in a red dress and he felt as though all the breath in his lungs were knocked out, he adjusted his sunglasses as she hopped in the passenger seat.

passing her cigarette towards matthew he took it between his teeth gripping the steering wheel in one hand and the stick in the other.

corine thought that matthew was the hottest man when he smoked, she had no eyes for other men but wasn't quite ready to let matthew catch onto that yet.

she tugged at her dress as he zoomed through the busy street.

his hand rested on her thigh, an instinct that she didn't mind.

she was content with matthew and he was content with her.