This computer is only about the size of a floor model TV and was designed for one specific purpose. To record and plot times and destinations, for the time displacement machine.

Mansbridge: So, did this computer gather information on the plight of the teenagers.

Traverse: In a controlled environment, there would have been one time and one destination.

Our initial attempt at time displacement was going to involve sending a chimpanzee back a couple hundred years to a destination where it could gather specimens that would help us determine if the experiment was a success.

Mansbridge: And did you have a location planned?

Williams: We had it narrowed down to several tropical locations. Areas where the chimp would not be out of place. But we had not actually plotted the information into the computer.

Mansbridge: Which means?

Williams: Which means, in essence, that the chimpanzee, in its panic, actually plotted the time and destination.

Mansbridge: Would your data not be able to pinpoint the location and time?

Traverse: In a controlled environment, there would have been only two peaks and two valleys in the data collected. The peaks would be the destination, while the valleys would set the time. Once the chimp reached the plotted time and destination, he would have gathered, plants, soil and other specimens from the direct landing area.

We were giving him a mere five minutes and then we were to bring him back, which would have caused the other peak and valley in the data. That would be our time and our laboratory.

Williams: Because of the actions of the chimpanzee, the data was not properly plotted or collected. To be able to properly calculate the data, we needed a controlled time and destination. Once we were able to verify that the chimpanzee had been to the proper time line and destination, we would have been able to compare the peak and valley of that time, to the peak and valley created by the return of the chimpanzee to our time and location.

With that comparative information and other peaks and valleys, from other proposed experiments, we would have been able to have a proper plotting, or time line to better be able to pinpoint times and destinations.

Traverse: Some of the data was destroyed by fire, but we were able to gather perhaps fifty percent of the computer data.

Mansbridge: And this data should have shown the peaks and valleys as you mentioned?

Williams: It did show peaks and valleys, but not as we expected.

Mansbridge: In what way?

Traverse: Because we did not return the teenagers, there should have been only one peak and valley, but that was not the case.