Chapter 26

Thank you for the people who helped me out with ideas. I have not yet decided when to use them but I will definitely think about it. With that, this chapter was just a thought and hopefully you guys enjoy. Sorry if it seems that I am rushing the story.
~NALC
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I knew peace wouldn't last long but I never expected it to end so soon either. Things started to go down hill around late afternoon. Which personally was my cue to start packing. G didn't believe it until he heard bombs going off. Which was definitely a sign that they were looking for us. Luckily I camouflaged the trapdoor which should buy us some time to find an escape route. Though during this search the bombs only seem to get closer.
And you might be thinking 'Why can't G just teleport us to safety' well he can't because he needs a specific destination and all of the ones he knows are to risky to go to. At this point they're probably everywhere.

" (Y/N), I found something!!"
G hollered from the basement.
I make my way towards him and to my surprise he found an escape route. It was a small, dark, and tight hole(or tunnel) in the basement wall which seemed to go on forever. We might not no where it leads but it's better than here.
Before heading back to the basement I grab extra clothes, a few granola bars, leftover money, and a loaded pistol that G "found". I double checked for anything else we needed but I already ran out of time. The bombs were closer than before and one so happened to be directly next to the trap door.
I ran towards the basement with my loaded bag and closed the door shut. In sync the Bomb exploded which gave off a deafening metal echo. Distant yelling was heard as well as footsteps which grew closer by every second. "Whose going first?"
" Ladies first?" G replied with a grin. As much as I wanted to laugh I also knew how much I wanted to kick his pelvis because this was not a time to joke around.
But mostly my only other problem I had with this escape route was having to crawl. In our situation I had no choice so I entered first. What I was grateful for was the fact the back pack could still fit in along with me through the tunnerl and that G could actually cover the hole from behind.
Once it was done, soldiers were already looking in every nook and cranny of the first section of the bunker. Furniture was being thrown and broken. Doors were being knocked down. Or should I say a door was being knocked down. But before they could bust open the basement. G blocked it with a few shelves which bought us more time. Knowing they were nearly close to breaking down the door I crawled as fast as I could.

Once G closed the hole It was pitch black meaning I had to feel my way around. Which wasn't very hard. Eventually we reached a corner. "Corner to the left so turn right" I whispered. He did'n't answer but I knew he got the idea. Shuffling to the right we continued until we saw a light of a sort. " I think were in a vent system. There's a light up ahead. Do me a favor and grab the gun from the back pocket. I want to make sure the coast is clear." G reached in my bag and handed me the pistol but during so I could only wonder why he was so quiet. Whether he's scared or not it doesn't make sense. I ignored the thought when he handed the pistol to me. With that I crawled towards the light and G followed along.

Towards the end of the tunnel there was definitely a vent door. I tried to open it but it was nailed down. " G move back a bit I need room to move my legs." Once he stopped scooting that was my cue to start using my inner flexibility. First I scrunched my body to where my legs were right under me. Carefully I move one leg between my arms and then the other. I lay on my back and gave a tired sigh. The plan was to kick the vent door until I saw G's flushed face. It was so visible that it was like a gentle night light glow. His irises were bright too, they almost made me drowsy. " Hey snap out of it, were sort of still being chased down here" He yelled in a soft whisper. "Finally the man speaks" I chuckle. He grunts in return and avoids my gaze.

I kick the door as hard as I could which took a few attempts. Those few attempts only indented the vent door. After what I believe was the fifth attempt the door busted open sliding across a tile floor. I slide out and stood with the pistol aiming towards nobody in particular. Though I regretted it once I realized I was in a market. Citizens froze in terror while I made my way around them with gun pointed down. By a glance I could see the cashier reaching for a phone. I knew he was trying to call the police and I could not let that happen. I ran towards the cashier and grabbed there arm. They froze in terror, fearing that I would hurt them."Relax i'm not gonna hurt anybody just calm down. I'ma leave the store without stealing anything or hurting anybody I promise." I convince them until I heard someone get tackled. "You have got to be kidding me, G! What the hell are you doing!" I shout once I turned to look at him on top of a business man. " He was about to call the cops!" " Just get off of him and lets go, they'll be here any second once they find out where the tunnel leads." G gets off and we sprint out the market. Realizing I still had the gun in my hand I shoved it back in one of my bag pockets. For a while we just sprinted towards alley ways in fear of them finding us within the crowd of people. I didn't want them to hurt citizens but I didn't want to get caught either. I start rethinking the moments and scenarios that could happen again. For example, Technological Lucas could return to hunt me down, or my dads team could surround us again in a specific location, and I could suddenly pass out and wake up in a lab or something. I know these are all negative thoughts, but thinking them do make me run faster.

G has been able to keep up but were both exhausted. It then came to the point to where we had to take a breather. If anything we were a pretty good distance away from the market. G and I decided to hide behind a cornered Cafe. Meaning there were plenty of ally ways to hide. Especially since it was surrounded by apartments and other stores. Because of that it's really busy outside of the alleys. " We should be safe for now but that doesn't mean they'll catch up, we gotta keep moving" I took a breath and motioned G to follow. He stood there leaning against wall observing me with intensity. "What's wrong? Legs pinned to the ground or something" I tease. But he wasn't willing to answer nor move from his post. " G as much as I want to chill after running, I don't want them to catch up so lets go!" I ordered. G didn't reply but he moved towards me. For some reason, the way he was looking at me caused a shiver to go down my spine. Along that my feet seemed to glue onto the ground. I couldn't move but he could definitely move me. G pushed me gently towards an ally wall and pinned an arm to the side of my head. His face leaned in but not close enough to where our mouths could touch. My face began to rise for it seemed that if I could move a little bit more I could kiss him. It was a silly thought but it replayed in my head. G's irises still glared through me. "G...We can't do this right-"

"What are you running away from and why." He interrogated. "Wait What?"

"You heard me. What are you running away from?"

Confusion filled my desires as the moment evaporated from existence. " I don't understand." I frowned. My reply irritated him as he made a similar expression. "Why did you run away?"

I regained control of my body and shoved him away. " (Y/N) listen to me."

I tried to step away but his aura made me still. I was forced to listen to something I never wanted to hear from him. and I felt betrayed. "I know your father (Y/N), when I met him he wanted me to find you. And I was willing to do it for a good amount of money. Five hundred million to be precise. He also told me that if I found you he would erase my criminal record. Though at the time I didn't care much about it I still thought it was a good trade." I was overwhelmed and deceived. Tears began to well up in my eyes as I no longer looked at G. "Now when I saw you I thought it would be an easy mission, until my brothers and family got involved. You made that happen. And I will make you pay for it. You deserve to return to your father (Y/N). He's a good man after all. You made him seem like a terrible person but you were wrong. You ran away out of your own selfishness while all he was trying to do was support and do what was best for you. Unlike you I never had any of that. And though we've had some good times together I'm sorry to say that I'm gonna have to let you go. You've caused enough." He left outside the alley way as I stayed trapped within his aura. I cried silently. I was at the end of my line. I tried to avoid my fate. But in the end, Fate will always make it's way to you no matter how hard you try.

For what felt like many hours of despair My father came and picked us up. We were in a black van with dark windows. I was trapped and felt claustrophobic. G sat next to me, and my dad sat in front of me. "Welcome home, sweet heart."