Part two

I think it's my pounding headache that wakes me up, because what else could it be. I can't even think straight, it feels like a thousand carpenter ants are eating through my skull. I finally have the courage to open my eyes and face the light that's shining through the window, but the thing that makes me jolt back to reality is the person beside me. Even with his jet black hair covering most of his face, I can recognize him. I don't know what I should do, should I wake him up? Or just leave and pretend like this never happened? I don't think I can just leave, if I think back to everything that happened last night (some of it a bit hazy) I know that the things I felt for Baz were real. A small amount of doubt creeps into my mind as I'm about to wake him, what if he doesn't feel the same way about me.

I push away the strands of hair obscuring his face, and press a soft kiss to his lips, then another one. In case he hates me this morning, (more like afternoon) I want to savour  the way his lips feel pressed against mine. Baz groans and rubs his eyes opening them slowly. My lips are still just millimetres  away from his, I start to move away, but he stops me and pulls me forward back onto him. He  kisses me almost like he did last night, not as sloppily now that I think of it. This kiss sends a wave of relief through me, and I instantly feel at home in his arms. When we eventually break apart, I'm embarrassingly out of breath, and  Baz is just staring at me with his eyes wide.

"Hi." I smile.

"Hi?" He laughs in disbelief, but not in a bad way.

"What happened last night?" He asks laying back down, and pressing the heels of his palms into his eyes. I feel a bit awkward laying in between his legs, so I get up and move to sit beside him.

"I don't really know, but I can tell you that you get really giggly when you're drunk."  I tell him and try to keep the fondness out of my voice.

"Yah, and you get incredibly, um how do I say this? 'promiscuous' when you get drunk." he smirks. I hate that smirk, but I also think I might be in love with it. After a couple seconds of silence (that feel more like hours), the thickening tension feels like someone's reached into my chest, stole my heart and started crushing it in front of me. I'm about to get up to put on some clothes, but Baz grabs my hand to stop me.

"Hey Simon?" He looks scared, like he can't believe what he's doing.

"Yah?" I smile encouragingly, silently hoping he'll ask me to stay with him.

"Want to maybe grab coffee sometime?" He asks.

"I'm free today. Maybe we could go out for breakfast." I suggest excitedly.

"Yah that sounds great" he nods enthusiastically.

"It's okay if I kiss you, right?" I ask already leaning in.

"Simon Snow, you have no clue how long I've wanted to hear you say that." He smiles wrapping his arms around the back of my neck, and bringing our lips back together.

_____________________________
done!!