Emma got her luggage out of the back and turned to face her grandmother. "Well, I guess this is it," she said.

Her grandmother sighed and said hesitantly, "I know that you're aware that your parents both attended the academy too, but you have to know something, Emma. You have to focus on your training here. I don't want to hear that you've been snooping around campus trying to figure out information about your parents. It's not going to do you any good."

"Why not?" Emma asked suspiciously. "I mean, I know absolutely nothing about them! I still don't understand why you always refuse to talk about them to me."

"Because I still don't think you're ready to know."

"I'm sixteen. I think that's most definitely old enough to know how you're parents died or at least what they looked like."

"Emma, stop arguing with me about this," her grandmother ordered. "We've had this conversation many times before. There are reasons why I'm choosing not to tell you about them. You'll understand eventually, but for now, just please do as I ask."

"Alright, Grandma, I will." Emma said this, but she knew she wasn't going to follow up on her word. Emma had wondered about her parents since before she could remember, and knowing nothing about them frustrated her. If her grandmother wouldn't tell her about them, she would figure it out for herself.

"Have fun and remember everything I've told you!" She pulled Emma into a long hug. When they both finally let go, they didn't have to say anything. Emma knew her grandmother well enough to read her face. Right now it had "I love you so much" written all over it.

Emma started walking up to the check-in table and looked back at her grandmother to wave one last time before setting off to her new life at the academy.

Nervously, Emma made her way up to a young girl with a cheerful looking smile on her face. She had a list of names on her clipboard and was checking people off as they arrived, telling them where their dorm houses were and handing them their schedules.

"Hi, I'm Emma Larsen," Emma stated shyly as the girl looked up down the clipboard to check her name off. "My full name is Emmalyn, so that's probably what's on the list."

"Perfect!" said the girl, putting a slash through her name. "Emma, you will be in the Arabesque house. The dorm houses are just past that big fountain there." Emma looked to where the girl was pointing and saw a massive fountain with five tiers. Sparkling water was falling, partially spraying the bench that went around it. If Emma remembered correctly from her handbook, the fountain was at the center of the campus and a popular hangout place for students. She looked out past the fountain a little ways and saw a street lined with twelve, three-story houses. "Yours will be the last one on the right side. It should have a number twelve on it," the girl told Emma excitedly as she handed her a map of the campus and her schedule.

Emma thanked her and set off towards the dorm houses. As she walked down the street, she was overwhelmed by all of the houses and the hustle and bustle of activity that surrounded them. Each house looked the same; antique-like, as though they were from the village scene in Disney's Beauty and the Beast. However, the occurrences going on outside of the houses were by no means identical to any other. At house one, there was a boy hanging out of a window with a stereo in his hands yelling at the person above him,

"Pull me up NOW, please, before I die!"

At house four there was a girl throwing things and screaming at what a eemed to be her roommate. A large ham was thrown, and the girl's roommate ducked out of the way, but the ham came soaring past Emma, barely missing her head. Emma was confused as to why someone would bring a ham to a dance academy.