3

After waking up with a moan and groan, showering and getting my hair, makeup and outfit done for the day, Cleo showed up at my door. It being the more approachable greetings... jokes. Her "hello" consisted of her banging on my door at 11:05am screaming she only has 2 minutes left in the visitors parking area and badgered me to hurry up.

Lucky for her, she didn't go over her parking time and we were out of my apartment block in no time. The drive to the mall included lots of Cleopatra discussing random facts about Harry and a lot of eye rolls out of myself. I can image how much she'd flip if she found out I dated him, her of course being the super fan she is. In all honesty I didn't pay attention to her talking until I heard the word "Gucci".

"What did you say?" I snapped out of my train of thought.

"Oh my gosh Phoenix you're so annoying." Cleo rolled her eyes. I used this opportunity to mumble profanities under my breath and sighing before awaiting her next sentence.

"As I was saying, we need to get a cute, expensive looking outfit because Harry the bitch wears custom Gucci and sometimes Calvin Klein suits so we got to look great. It's essential."

My jaw dropped. My ex has so much money he can buy Gucci? I mean he is obviously going to be rich but like I didn't expect him to have that kind of, you know, taste.

"Does he change up his style?" I ask her. I watch her chuckle to herself whilst shaking her head. With a roll of her eyes she reverts her eyes to me quickly.

"You seriously don't pay attention. I mean that makes sense... but to answer your question, he does but not in the way you're probably thinking. He wears a new suit to every show. I mean, I don't think we've seen him wear the same suit twice. Oh and they're usually Gucci meaning he's spending like $3000 or more on a suit he'll wear once."

"Why does he do that." I furrow my eyebrows, watching the mall appear out the window in the distance.

"It's kinda like his style, or his, let's say, his thing. I don't know how to describe it but it's kind of like how Ed Sheerans "image" and "thing" is wearing jeans and plain shirts with his guitar, you know? Whereas Harry's "image" and "thing" is his suits. They are just how you classify him I guess." She explains.

"You're really obsessed with this guy, aren't you?" I commentate, her nodding to herself proudly.

"You got to treat people with kindness Phoenix." She laughs and winks, pulling into a car space.

"I don't get the reference."

"You have much to learn Phoe. You fake fan." She rolls her eyes again. "You should do your research on him so you're not one of the fake fans that show up and dance around and only know like one song."

I don't think he will sing if he lays eyes on me. My subconscious adds. "Honestly how much are you rolling your eyes right now. If you keep doing it they'll end up in the back of your head." I tell her. "And I'd rather not get even more in depth with his life after knowing I have to go to his fucking concert."

"You'd think it would be the opposite, seeing as though you're going to Harold's concert Phoe." She gets out of the car after reaching over and grabbing her handbag.

"He doesn't like Harold. It's not his name he prefers-" I mindlessly ramble. Once realising what I was saying I cut myself off and prayed Cleo somehow didn't hear me, my questioning was answered as I got out of the car. There, on the other side of the car, Cleo was staring right at me, elbows leaning against the top of the vehicle as she pursed her lips and breathed out rather loudly.

"I really want to know what the fuck is going on with you Phoenix. You're so hard to decipher. I will find out what's going on with this whole situation and I'm adamant with finding out and desperate to know." She shakes her head, walking towards the escalators.

Having a inner panic attack I run to catch up with her, changing the subject. "So what should we wear?"

"I was thinking maybe a dress but because it's a mosh pit, maybe not. You've got vans right? Yea, so wear them and possibly also wear a- you know what. I have no idea. Look up some outfits on Pinterest or something." She rambles, walking us toward the food court.

Pulling out my phone I open Pinterest and scroll through all the pins under the "concert outfits" search. One outfit instantly caught my eye. It consisted of a yellow cropped sweater along with plaid grey pants that had lines of yellow in it. It was kind of cold at the moment so I could pair that outfit with my vans, but also wear a yellow cropped shirt underneath it just in case I got too hot in the mosh.

I instantly showed Cleo, she nodded in agreement with my outfit choice. She also mentioned that Harry's suits are usually strangely patterned and extravagant so that style would be perfect. After we ate breakfast and she found her outfit, we went on the prowl, finding items of clothing as close to the pin as we possibly can.

"So why did we buy all those clothes?" I ask Cleo as we get back in her car.

"Are you serious?" She laughs, looking at my completely monotone expression. "Oh. You are serious. Well, I mean we have to make a statement, we have to stand out of course. Why else?"

"What! No I can't stand out. I can't wear this. I'm going to return these." I growl, reaching for the door handle before Cleo grasps my shoulder.

"If those clothes go back you'll have to answer many of my questionings truthfully." She challenges. Holding onto the door handle for a couple of seconds more, I weigh my options. Realising that telling her will not go down well and is obviously a definite no no, I let go of the handle, chucking my stuff on the car floor and folded my arms like a child.

"Honestly Phoenix. What is your deal! He's a singer, you aren't like his ex girlfriend who's still angry at him for like cheating on you. Stop acting like that." She snaps. Little do you know... my subconscious adds and I fight every urge to snap back explaining that I am his ex and even tho we didn't break up due to cheating, we did break up from distance, arguments and what I believed was best for us and his future. I wanted to say this just to see her facial expressions, but no. It wasn't worth it.

"Okay. I'll stop." I cowardly respond, sinking lower in the car seat.

"Thank you. Well remember you'll look cute as fuck in our outfits and we for sure will catch his eye and make a good impression."

I believe that may be a good idea. Part of me does want to see if he remembers us and me, whereas the other part of me just wants to move on for good.

"Have you called your boss?" Cleo asks.

"Yea. I still don't know why we gotta get up there so early." I sigh, watching out the window as we finally backed out of the parking space and headed out the parking lot.

"Because we got to get the barrier." She states. "If anything, ten in the morning is late enough as it is. We should be staying overnight."

"There's no way in hell." I widen my eyeballs and stare at her. The drive home was pretty quiet, we listened to the radio until she dropped me off at my apartment block.

"I'm working all week also so, I'll see you Friday at 10am." She smiles, reaching over and hugging me tightly before I stepped out of the car and waved her goodbye.

Words cannot describe how much I was dreading the concert I was forced to go to in 6 days.
.
.
.
An

Idk how fast to make this book go so yea. Here's a new chapter lol, make sure you vote :)