a spider bite

*Years Later*

Peter is 13 about to turn 14

It has 8 years since the battle of New York. And 8 years since the adoption of Peter Parker. Soon after Peter was introduced to the Avenger and he told his story with fewer tears than before, and a few tests run by Tony and Bruce to check for injuries, they adopted the young boy.

It was a while for Pete to open up to his new family, but soon enough he did get over geeking out about having supers for guardians. When the Avengers were off on a mission Pepper would watch over Peter at the tower or bring him to the Stark Industries while she worked, but everyone could see the change in the Avengers once Peter was in their life. A lot of them who were afraid to approach before softened up a little, and less of the Avengers cussed as often (cause they were raising a 5-year-old for Pete's sake and after one call from the school about Peter cussing they soon stopped)

And today, Peter and his school were taking a field trip.

"Gotta lunch?" Tony asked the (13 about to be 14 years old) boy as he was heading out

"yep"

"Cell phone?"

"check"

"Backpack"

"double check"

"Your late homework?"

"No such thing!"

"that's my boy!" Tony laughed as he ruffled the kid's hair making it more of a mess than it already was.

"Have fun!" Steve yelled from the kitchen as Peter grabbed a waffle and rode down the elevator. 'Today is gonna be great' he thought to himself once the elevator reached the first floor and ran out into the city.

*Timeskip*

"Uggg," Peter said as the elevator doors opened to reveal the Avengers watching a movie on the couch.

"How was it?" Nat asked when she saw the boy enter. "Good," He said as he stepped out of the elevator, but soon his legs gave out and fell to the floor.

"Peter!" She yelled as she got up to check on him, followed by the other Avengers. "You okay kid?" Tony asked as he and Nat sat him up, "Just feeling a little sick is all." He groaned. Tony and Nat carried the boy to bed after giving him a little medicine to help him feel better. (just the first side effects after the spider bit home no biggy)

"Get better, okay," Nat said as she kissed his forehead and left the room so the boy could sleep.

It was two days later Peter was back up on his feet, ready to go over to Ned's house for Starks party.

"I still can't get over it." Ned said as he and Peter were building a Lego Death Star, "My best friend is living with the Avengers!"

"Ned, you have known since the 5th grade, and I was already living with the Avengers!" Peter laughed at his friend that whenever the Avengers came to pick him up from his house geeked out in front of them.

"I know, you're just so lucky," Ned said as he added the Emperor's chair in their mini Lego set. "you gotta live with the Avengers since you were five cause-" He stopped himself once he remembered the events that had happened before Nat had found him in the rubble all of those years ago.

"Oh, Peter I'm sorry I forgot about it for a second," Ned apologized

"It's okay Ned you didn't mean to. And it's fine it was eight years ago." Peter forgave his best friend and they continued to build the Death Star.