Chaoter Twenty-Five

~~For @eyeamjaime , hope this is action pact enough for you! Hope you all enjoy, don't forget to tell me what you think in the comments! ~~

Brandon's POV

Present Moment

Brandon had been hugging his sister for several hours. He hadn't realised how the time had flown by until he heard the bell which meant that the bar, which was practically next door to the little shack he called a home, was now open.

“Was that the bell?” Tanya asked him as she got up from the position she had lay in for more than 4 hours, according to the bell.

“I think so” he replied. How time flies when you're wasting your life away, he thought to himself as he got up, stretching as his body had gotten stiff from laying there for so long.

“We really should go outside” Tanya suggested, her whole body frozen from the cold wind that came through her. Both her and Brandon just stood there, not sure what to do. It was like both of their bodies fell into some sort of unbreakable trance, a kind of trance they had never felt before.

A seizure overtook them both as they fell to the floor, shaking to what seemed to be no end. Their eyes turned white, as Tanya's had when she had commanded the Skitter to stop all of those months ago. Like when she healed herself.

And this time not just her, but both of them had a vision.

*** *** ***

A dark mist surrounded him as he awoke. He rose up to see nothing but a fog that seemed to swamp the place. His breath was nearly taken away as he leapt forward to try and get a clearer image of what was happening.

All he knew was that he was in a battlefield. A feeling of danger engulfed him as he dove back down, a bullet barely scraping the top of his head. If he had waited 5 more seconds he would have been dead. His instincts had finally served him right.

'You won't win this war, not the way you want to anyway' he heard a discussion. However he knew the difference between mental communication, alien-style, to normal human speech. This was neither.

He got up slowly, his gut telling him that he was now able to do so, he moved closer to the target he had heard communicating. The conversation was not towards him, but rather a conversation between two different individuals. He moved to see a girl with white hair, so unusual that he couldn't describe her. She was beautiful with a fair complexion and eyes that could kill.

'Watch us' someone replied, but this time it felt, different. This was not the young girl who was speaking. He looked over but could see nothing but mist. It was then that he decided to not look with his eyes, but instead closed them to try and sense the other presence instead. Every kind of life form had a different sense, some more distinct and powerful than others but different all the same.

This one was an Eshpheni. The girl was nothing he'd ever encountered before, not like him and Tanya, nor like any of the other types of hybrids that he knew existed [though most of them had been wiped out before the Skitters arrival anyway].

'You can't do this' the girl almost screamed, deafening him to a point where he knelt down in pain.

'Yes, we can. You must not forget where your home is' the voice of the Eshpheni shone through the blinding light that suddenly appeared. What the hell is that? He thought to himself as he felt a sudden urge of fear. He moved backwards towards where he had come from, but he was not in control. Whatever was happening, his body was moving on it's own accord.