Part 36: Departure

Começar do início

Gosh! The picture of some other guy hugs Peter pains me. I guessed this is what Peter felt when he knew about me and Nick sleeping together. The pain is excruciating.

"Daddy...are you okay?" Asked the little voice in front of me.

"Yeah, I'm fine, sweetheart." I tugged a small smile.

"Don't worry, daddy. I'm sure Dada will coming back with us and live with us like before." She spoke innocently.

Kids really an innocent creature. They speak honesty and truth. How come adults like us deceived them with false hope and promises? How did they suppose to trust us when we kept on feeding them with lies?

I flashed a smile towards her. "Come on, finish your breakfast, sweetheart."

My phone vibrated and a call coming in.

It was from Anna.

"Yes, Anna," I answered the call.

Only the sound of sobbing was heard at the other line.

"Anna...please calm down and talk to me slowly, okay? I'm here...I will listen to you."

"Sean... it's Nick. He had gone." Her cries continued. That explains her sadness.

"Nick has gone?!" I was clueless and distracted for a while. "Oh god! Nick! Just wait, I will come to you, Anna. Wait for me, okay." I hung up the phone right away. "Aunt Ross...I need to go out for awhile."

"Is there a problem, Sean?" Asked Aunt Ross curious. Perhaps, my expression is too obvious; sullen.

"It's Nick, Aunt Ross. He had passed away."

"Oh god!" She was as shocked as me and paused for a moment of silence.

"I need to rush to the hospital now, Aunt Ross."

"Okay-okay."

"Daddy...where you going?" Asked Freya.

I neared Freya. "Sweetheart, I've got things that I need to do now. I promise I will be back, okay."

"But, daddy...what about-

-I won't take long. See you later, sweetheart." A kissed on her forehead was left by me before I dashed out of the house.

......................

I sped through the traffic. My mind couldn't think straight and my heart was trembling. I was indeed disappointed in losing someone important in my life, but I was happy for him at the same time, because he was no longer had to endure the pain of the illness. No longer suffered from cancer. I knew he was in pain, but he still struggling to fight it each day, for the sake of the person he loves.

[Flashback]

"Hi, Nick. How are you doing, today?" I asked.

But, Nick spurred of a laugh.

"Why you laugh at me?" I ended up smiling too upon seeing him laughing.

"Nothing, it's just that you're asking the same thing as the doctor did."

"I did?!"

"Yeah! You did, Sean." Smiling.

"That's good to see you smile, buddy. You should do it often."

"Yeah! I wish I could. But, this thing inside my head... cancer, eat me from the inside. It damn hurt... and it left me with no strength, Sean. The only reason why I still survive until now and still fighting this thing just because of Anna and you, Sean."