Things had been going quite well for them since his birthday, ever since Louis got him the ring. So he was hoping they could continue on the right path for the remainder of the school year. For some reason, today felt different, and maybe that was just him being cranky because he didn't get the best sleep last night, and he had gotten stumped by a morning pep rally.

After a few minutes passed and Mr. Reeds was well on to his lecture, the front door slowly crept open again. Mr. Reeds paused what he was doing on the front board and took a step back just as Louis was weaseling his way inside. He had an apologetic smile on his face as he entered, and the professor looked unamused as he always did when Louis showed up late.

"Decided to join today, Mr. Tomlinson?"

Louis shrugged his shoulders. "There was a pep rally."

"It ended half an hour ago."

Louis pursed his lips. "Hallways were still busy."

Mr. Reeds let out a sigh and returned to the board. "Take your seat," he grumbled.

The assignment Mr. Reeds was preparing for the class was the individual song assignment. He began discussing the guidelines for the project while Louis climbed the steps to get his spot. The song's purpose was for everyone in the class to write their own lyrics based on anything they wanted to. It would then be used for the final group project at the end of the term. There were no limitations to the song lyrics other than a minimum word count. The lyrics or theme to the song could be from anything that was inspiring. Harry couldn't think much about what he would write his song about. He often jotted down lyrics on a journal that would randomly pop into his head, but he never had enough to create a whole piece out of it. He was sort of excited for this project and to see what he could come up with.

Once Louis finally made it to his seat, Harry started feeling much lighter. Everyone was busy listening in on Mr. Reeds's discussion about the song and reading off examples from past students. It was a good enough distraction for him to think he was in the clear to talk to Louis privately. It had been a couple days since they last got to see each other or be alone. Their lunchtime together was scarce because the football team wanted Louis around more often. They had a lame excuse of needing more bonding time as they got closer to championship play.

Harry thought it was stupid, but he wasn't going to force Louis where to be. It just only sucked because they hadn't seen each other as much. After having such a good Valentine's Day together, he hoped for more positive things to happen between them.

In light of Mr. Reeds' discussion, Harry reached out to place his hand around Louis' wrist. Just as he was about to touch, Louis' entire demeanor changed. He quickly snatched his hand away and jerked his head, a mixture of panic and annoyance.

"What are you doing?"

Harry's eyes widen in shock from the harness of his tone. "What?"

"Harry," Louis whispered quietly, still a bite to his voice. "We're in school."

Harry sucked in his breath and looked around them, noticing that no one was even paying attention to them.

"I'm just trying to say hi."

Louis rolled his eyes, tucking his hand underneath his legs. "Do so without touching me. We're a secret, remember?"

"Seriously?" Harry scoffed, slightly baffled. "No one is looking - nobody cares. The only people who would even notice anything are the guys."

"I don't want anyone to find out. What don't you get?"

Harry felt his heart dropping at the comment. He knew it was true. He knew that Louis was not at the point to let anyone know about their relationship, but he still thought their friends would be an exception. Why could they not sneak around in the classroom if they snuck off at lunch or at different times throughout the school day? All Harry wanted to do was touch his hand, just have some sort of body contact. He didn't need anything else. It wasn't like he was being showy. He knew there was always the risk of someone turning around, but again, it wasn't like he was doing things so openly. All Harry wanted to do was talk to him. There was no harm in that, right?