ENTANGLED

"No you can't just leave me here and go. I want to go back!" she screamed, tears running down her ebony black eyes onto her now red tear stained face.

"We are really sorry miss, but these are Her Majesty's orders. Your Highness will be here in a few hours." the hooded man spoke and turned back to the door and vanished into the shadow, the darkness.

Eugene hugged her knees to her chest and cried her heart out. Who knew that she would be met with such a fate. She never believed that she was indeed cursed. But, now that she had met such a fate she accepted her fate and only God knows what she'd do to rectify herself.

But, most importantly how would she be looked upon now by whatever awaits her. What would Caroline think of her? She was the only person who was not hurt because of her. The only person who did not die.

She wished that she was not taken to the Forbidden Tree.

She wished she had the perfect life just as Caroline's.

She wished she had the right over her life decisions.

She wished she could choose who died because of her.

She wished she was never born.

***

Eugene waited patiently for the queen to make an appearance. She had a hell lot of questions.

Deciding to walk a bit around the room and wash her face, because her face certainly looked all messed up and swollen. And, yes she was right her appearance looked as though she was sleep deprived. Well, she could not help it. Since, she had the worst luck ever.

Her mind was still clouded with negative thoughts when she walked back to the bed and lay down wanting to let her mind rest for some time. It seemed like just a few seconds had ticked away when the originally closed door flung open.

A man dressed in all black, holding a gun entered the room. 'What is it with these people and black dresses.' she thought to herself.

"Your Highness is pleasured to meet you." the man said and walked away not closing the door but holding it wide open.

She was sure this was just to make sure I was presentable enough in front of the queen. I stood up quickly beside the bed and straightened the crease of my dress as much as I could.

Soon enough the queen entered. She was dressed in a black shaded gown that showed her amazing figure. Eugene suddenly felt conscious of what she was wearing. She was wearing a plain summer dress where as the queen right there in front of her eyes looked majestically beautiful, radiance oozing out from her.

The queen walked inside the room and motioned the man holding the door to close it. The man obeyed and walked in.

"Steve I'd prefer to have a private conversation with her." she said in a monotone. Eugene looked at Steve who looked hesitant to leave the queen alone but obeyed and walked out.

Eugene suddenly aware that she was alone with the queen, bent her head slightly as a gesture of respect and soon lifted to meet grey eyes which looked back at her as though they had seen a treasure.

Eugene had many questions but, nothing her voice seemed to be stuck inside her throat as she stared at the queen.

The queen walked forward towards her and Eugene shivered slightly as a slight fear overcame her.

But, all the queen do was give her a small bottle, and said, "Drink it!"

That voice she had heard somewhere, but she was too lost to think of it. She opened the bottle and brought it to her lips, a sweet and bitter taste spreading through her mouth. She stared at the queen who now had a satisfied smile on her face and that's when she realized who she was actually. But, it was too late. Again.

***

"Eugene... Eugene..." someone seemed to shake her. Her eyes adjusted to the light as she took in her surroundings. She was in the same room with Edith.

She just had a dream, she thought. But, little did she know that it was a bit more than a dream. It was the reality. Her reality. Her Past.

A/N:

Comments??

Vote and show your love <3