I shut the door to the room forcefully and slid down to the floor. I was out of shape. I ran all the way here because I heard "snitch bitch" being yelled at me from everybody. I had to go to that party. There was no other option. I groaned and whispered, "shit".
"What?" A voice said. I looked up startled to see my roommate lying in bed.
"Nothing sorry, hi April," I stood up and walked toward her with my arm extended to give a handshake. She rudely did not accept the gesture, but stuck her nose further into a science fiction novel.
"Do you want to go to a party tonight?" I asked her. She looked up and smiled.
"I can't believe you were invited. Only really popular or pretty girls get invited and you are neither. What did you do, give the best head ever?" She laughed cruelly and my smiled turned sour.
"No, I was just invited," I turned my back to her and looked at my bed.
"But to answer your question, sure," she said in an unamused voice. I turned to thank her, but she was already buried in her book.
"Let's go we haven't got all day!" April yelled at me as I was changing in the bathroom for the party. I decided to wear shorts and a tank top with my hair up. I wasn't going to impress anybody so I really didn't care what I looked like. I opened up the door and April was wearing a skin tight dress that outlined her whole body. I swear it looked like she was wearing latex with a few pieces of material glued on. I hurried out of the bathroom as she muttered curse words that I had never even heard of. Twenty minutes later she came out of the bathroom looking like Wyoming's most expensive Asian-American prostitute. She grabbed her clutch and forcefully exited me out of the room. We walked together to the frat house, which was booming the time we entered. The sun wasn't even down, but there were already people drunk of their asses. I shook my head. Once inside the frat house, I noticed an array of females wearing close to nothing, which only allowed for bras and underwear. I was sick to my stomach already because it smelled of vomit, body odor, and alcohol; not the best cocktail of all. I sat on a couch near a fireplace and stayed there. If Justin saw me, I would be okay. Time passed and I didn't see him once. Boys from the frat sat next to me, completely hammered, and tried to get my number.
"You are beautiful like a rose, a beautiful red rose," one boy said breathing heavily on me and leaning on me.
"Thanks," I moved over and he fell on the couch. He picked his head up and smiled. In one fluid motion he removed himself from the couch- spilling his drink on me.
"Are you kidding," I stood up and wiped my shirt and shorts. It looked like I peed myself so I tried to cover myself up as best as I could. I heard someone laugh from across the room so I turned around quickly and began to walk until...
"Watch it... Oh, Mary?" It was Justin.
"I need to leave," I said.
"No you don't.. Did you piss your pants?" He asked putting his cup over his mouth trying not to laugh.
"No your friend spilt it on me, now, I have to leave," I pushed him aside and he grabbed me.
"I have clothes, stay," he grabbed my hand and led me upstairs to what seemed to be his room. I looked around and he had everything in their he had at his house. I looked at the pictures and he still had pictures of me hung up. Odd, I thought, I thought he was mad at me for what happened. He grabbed a large sweatshirt out of his closet, one I knew to well because it was my favorite of his, and threw it at me.
"Get dressed," he said. It was weird because he never left the room.
"Umm.." I hesitated and looked at the door.
"Of course," he smiled and went towards the door. I turned my back and instead of hearing a door open, I heard a clicking noise. I turned towards the door. Justin was sitting there with his back against the door watching me.
"Please don't let me distract you," he grinned wildly, his eyes searched all over my body and I froze. He locked me in here... With him.
"What are you doing?" I asked in a quiet voice.
"Keeping you under control Marilyn. I'm so lucky we are going to school together. We are going yo be the perfect power couple yet again. And after this encounter we are both going to come out of here and you're going to tell everyone we are back together again. It will be very fun Mary, and maybe while you're undressing, I could undress too, would you like that?" He stood up and came next to me. I stood there in shock and wondered what I ever liked in him. He took his hands and put them on the hem if my shirt and lifted it off me. He noticed the dark mark on my chest and slapped me in the face.
"Is that what I think it is? Is that a hickey?" He asked hovering over me as I fell to the ground. I instantly put a hand to my cheek and shook my head, "no... No..."
"You've been bad Marilyn," he straddled me and unbuttoned my shorts. My phone buzzed and I was excited for a minute because maybe that would cause him to stop. He looked at me and went into my pocket to grab my phone.
"You have a phone now? Let me see something..." He looked through my phone and kept saying numbers over and over out loud. I hope he wasn't memorizing my number.
"Who is Joseph? He seems fond of you... After what you guys did.. Let me see, 'Marilyn, I keep thinking about the other night and how unfair I was. I just want you to come back. You're a great girl and... Come back x' what does the "x" stand for Marilyn? Porn? Sex?" He slapped me again, but harder this time. He locked my phone and threw it on his bed.
"If you want it, go get it," he got off me and watched me. I stood up from the floor and looked at my phone. I carefully went over to get it and he almost jumped on me. That is, until I kicked him in his balls area. He hunched over and screamed," you little bitch!" I hurriedly unlocked the door and ran, noticing I was only in a bra and shorts I ran faster. Don't let him catch me, please don't let him catch me... I turned around and he was nowhere to be found. I still ran because there was a small part of me who knew that Justin would probably catch up to me sooner or later. As soon as I got to my room, I locked the door and closed all the blinds. I laid down on my bed and cried. I don't know what could've happened tonight, but if I hadn't known better something bad would have definitely happened. I looked down at my chest and the bruise area was a little bit bigger than before, which is why Justin probably noticed it. Maybe Joe did give me a hickey, but it wouldn't have lasted this long. Would it have? My heart was beating a million miles a minute and I could not slow it down. I tried breathing slowly and deeply, but that was not working. Was I having a panic attack? I placed a hand on my forehead and another on my heart and I breathed normally. After a few minutes my heart rate seemed to go back to normal. I took my clothes off and put on the nightgown I wore the day Joe and I... Joe.
"Hello?" A groggy voice answered the phone.
"Joe? It's Mary, something bad happened I don't know how to explain it," I held my head in my hand and told Joe about how Justin tried to blackmail me and what happened in his room.
"God, I wish I could help you. Actually... What are you doing in school?" He asked.
"Well, I'm going to get my teaching degree..."
"Perfect. I know a place over here that could get you in internship. I'm kind of a big deal over here," he laughed, "I'll talk to them in a few hours because, by God, you have to remember there is a time difference now."
"I'm sorry, I'm very worried he's going to kill me or something drastic," I said into the phone quietly.
"You'll be fine. I'll have university call yours about the internship tomorrow. You're lucky I'm famous and good looking. Otherwise you would be stuck in hell," he sounded so calm on the phone I didn't want to hang up.
"I guess I should let you sleep then, sorry I-"
"No. Stay on the phone. We haven't talked since two days before you left," he said. I missed him. A lot. Nothing could ever compare to the time we spent together and how many memories we shared.
"Alright," I said smiling. In a few hours, this would be the phone call that changed my life completely. Not only did I realize that I would be moving out of Wyoming for good, but I also realized that Joseph Sugg was my everything. He was the one person I could call if I had problems, the one person I could count on if I needed help, the only one I could love. The way I loved Joe was different than all the ways I have ever loved anyone else. It was different from Justin because that was in high school and I never explored anyone else during that time, it was different from all types of love because this was real. I traveled the world to find adventure and I found it in him. His accent carried worlds of opportunities and exciting new adventures we would try, together. Being with him was my home and I regretted it after I left London. I was awake countless nights hoping he was thinking or dreaming about me and hoping he would text me or call me confessing feelings towards me. My dreams of being with him forever played out in my head every time I heard his voice. His heavenly presence brought me to a state of euphoria I could only experience with him. Joe was my first, my last, my everything.