My hand and Frank’s were intertwined at the moment. I felt safe like this, the throbbing pain in my side slowly fading to unnoticeable if I stayed still for long enough. I turned my head to face Frank, our eyes catching each other.

“You alright?” He sighed, running an affectionate finger down the side of my face.

“I am now.” I laughed softly.

“Good.” He smiled.

We sat in silent for a few more minutes, my mind racing back and forth as I thought about the intimate moment we had before all this went down.

“Fraaaank….” I dragged his name out.

“Whaaaat?” He mimicked.

I thought for a second, unsure if I wanted to actually say the next words to come out of my mouth.

“Can we have sex?” I blurted.

He blinked, his mind seemingly unable to process what I said.

“What?” His face was blank.

“Sex.” I shrugged very lightly.

“No.” His face contorted in a concerned manner.

“What, why?” I groaned.

“Because you’re injured Lana. You can hardly move. I refuse to hurt you. There’s time for that later.” He sighed, the shadow of a grin playing on his lips.

“Don’t worry about the injury! I’m fine! I swear.”

“Well aren’t you eager.” He laughed.

He reached forward and pressed his lips to mine, pulling me in for a deep kiss. I was into it till he grasped my left hip tightly, causing me to yelp in pain.

He pulled away, the infamous grin that read he saw right through me apparent on his face again.

“See? You’re not fine. Now rest.” He laid back down to his side of the bed.

“You didn’t have to do that-“ I whimpered.

He moved closer to me again.

“Oh honey, you know you would have pushed on and on. I know you just want me to give you a proper fuck.” He hummed into my neck. My entire upper body trembled and flushed red; I pushed him away.

He laughed in response, returning to his previous position on the bed.

I remained silent, unable to mutter even a single word.

He stared at the ceiling now, deep in thought. I eventually gathered up the courage to speak again.

“What are you thinking about?” I mumbled.

“You.’

“Wha-“ I scoffed.

“Naked.” He grinned.

“Oh shut up.” I rolled my eyes.

“I’ve gotta call my Mom.” I added.

“Why?” He yawned, shuffling around as if he was about to fall asleep.

“She told me to call her before I went to bed. And I’d like to ask her about the Lucas thing.”

“Oh, yeah I see how that’d be important.” He reached over the bedside and yanked his phone off the charger on the wall.

“Go for it.” He handed me the phone.

I pressed the button on the bottom center, lighting the screen up. I was met with a lock screen.

“What’s your passcode?” I asked.

“5262.” He replied.

I glanced at the keyboard-part of the numbers for a moment.

“Is it a coincidence that spells ‘Lana’?” I scoffed.

“Nope.”

I cleared my throat, looking away and blushing madly. What a childish thing of him to do. Who does that?

I dialed my Mom’s number and waited as the phone rang.

She picked up within a few seconds.

“Hey Frank, everything alright?”

“Hey Mom. It’s me.” I spoke into the phone.

“Oh hey sweetie, what’s up? Did you guys find anything on your friend?”

“No. sadly. And I’m getting ready to go to bed, just wanted to give you a call.”

“Oh well alright then. Sweet dreams honey.”

“Oh but Mom, I had a question about something.” I piped up.

“Fire away.”

“How many children does Miss Trevor have?”

“Two. A boy and a girl. I think you know them both, you used to go to daycare with Katrina. Her son goes to your school as well.”

“What’s her son’s name?” I felt a bead of sweat roll down my face.

“Lucas.”

I felt my hand grip the phone and my body tense up.

“Oh alright, thanks Mom see you tomorrow. Goodnight.”

“Wait Lana.”

“Yeah?” I muttered.

“Don’t tell anyone about Miss Trevor and I yet, not even her children. Apparently she’s got a psycho ex-husband.”

“O-Okay. Be careful Mum. Night.”

“Night. Don’t forget about Laura’s grave tomorrow.”

The phone line went dead and the cellphone dropped out of my hands.

I looked at Frank, “We’re so fucked.”