He thought for a minute before making a whistling sound and rambling in some foreign language to the men in the room.

After what sounded like a very angry conversation amongst all the men Lucas finally turned to me, frustration clear on his face.

“I’ll let you go. But expect to deal with my Father later. And if you think for a minute you’re going to go to the cops I’ll spill about the librarian faster than you can blink, and you and your little whore won’t live to see another day. If we even have so much as an eyebrow raised at us you’re going down.”

Before I could stand up he walked over to Lana and shoved a rag in her mouth, holding her down as the doctor went in to retrieve the last piece of bullet.

I wanted to rip him off of her but I felt a piece of cool metal press against the back of my head.

“Don’t even think about it.” A thick Slovakian accent hissed from behind me. Great. If I had one more person try and hold a gun to my head I might just shoot myself to spare them the trouble.

I remained still, watching intently as the Doctor cleaned Lana’s wound and began to thread a needle. She’d given up on struggling now as she just laid limp on the table, her eyes filled with defeat and exhaustion. She didn’t even flinch as he began to stitch up the wound, I would have thought she were dead if she hadn’t glanced over to me.

“I’m so sorry.” I mouthed to her. The ghost of a smile played on her lips. After all this she could stand to smile at me? I no longer deserved that beautiful smile; I no longer deserved her warm loving eyes.

Around 10 minutes had passed when the doctor finished dressing her wound. He gave her a new shirt and removed all traces of blood from her hands and body.

He turned to me and gave me a small bag filled with suspicious looking pills and spare gauze to change her bandage.

“When she get home give her iron supplement. She lost lot of blood but not enough to cause worry. Make sure she rest for two week and no lifting of heavy things. You come back to me in four week and I take stitches out.” The doctor nodded to me and made his exit from the room.

Fucking hell, I had to take her back to this place? What would I say to her mother? ‘Hey, so I got your daughter shot in a sketchy area by sketchy people who are probably associated with the Slovakian mafia and now I have to take her back to get checked up by one of their sketchy Mafioso doctors.’

I went to her side, pulling the rag out of her mouth and glaring at Lucas. He scoffed and flicked me off, walking out of the room with his crew.

“I want you gone in 30 minutes.” He said as he went out the door.

“Wait! What about the girl you took? What about Katrina?” I yelled.

“My sister? How do you know Katrina?” He halted, turning around with a scowl on his face.

“I don’t… I guess Lana did.” I shrugged uncomfortably. Well this was a big fucking misunderstanding. I didn’t want to push my luck by asking about Danielle, so I shut up. I was too focused on getting us out of here.

“Whatever. Stay the fuck away from her if you know what’s good for you.” He gave me a glare before turning back around and exiting the warehouse.

I turned to Lana, the feelings of worry flooding me again even though we were safe now.

“Hey hon, how do you feel?” I brushed her hair out of her face.

“Like hell.” She groaned.

“Can you walk?”

“I think so.” She winced as she tried to get up too quickly, falling back to the table with a thump.